Pre-Foundation Course Tips/Advice???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen

Reaction score
Hi ya all,

Yesterday I booked up for my Creative Foundation training at Hammersmith with Ketan Patel at the end of July.

I'm SOOOOO :D excited, but also the more I think about it the more nervous I'm feeling. :?

Can anyone tell me what the homework is like? I'm presuming it will involve creating nails on the nail trainer, but what about the theory?

I keep thinking of Nikki’s (Diva Nails) post – ‘What is a chemical?!’

I’m reading Doug Schoon's 'Nail Structure & Product Chemistry' at the moment. Do you think this will help?

Also, can anyone tell me what is included in the kit? Does it include both Radical and Retention? And will I be shown how to use both? In the little booklet I’ve got it says you may have to buy other items. Should I take my present kit along with me?

ALSO, I’m worried about my model – she has lovely nail beds and has no problem growing her natural nails, BUT she does tend to pick at the skin below her cuticles!!! It wasn’t too bad last time I saw her, but it can look very red and sore. She’s a great friend and is really keen to be my model, but do you think it may be a problem if the skin around her nails is sore looking???

AND I've heard that Creative training can go towards your NVQ - how do I start that ball rolling? Do I give ANT a call? I'm a bit clueless when it comes to NVQ.

Sorry - so many questions, but I really want to get the best out of my days at Hammersmith and turn up well prepared, so ANY adivce or tips would be gratefully appreciated!!!

AND, while I"m asking - is anyone else booked up for the July course with Ketan???

Looking forward to your replies! :D

Kx

:rainbow:

Hi karen, I can answer a couple of your questions because I`ve just done 3 out of the 4 days at Loughton.
You only get retention + in your kit and you get a list of other products you will need for the course but if you already do nails you will have most of it anyway. I only bought a few things from the list as I had the rest.
The homework........client record card, docs letter, MSDS and practical progress cards that come with the nail trainer.
I am dreading the exam as I have a huge problem with test situations be it oral, written or practical, but I will just have to find more money to have more tuition if I don`t pass first time.
Now I`ve rambled on I`ve forgotten the rest of your questions but I`m sure you`ll get the answers your looking for. Good luck with your course and enjoy.

I keep thinking of Nikki’s (Diva Nails) post – ‘What is a chemical?I’m reading Doug Schoon's 'Nail Structure & Product Chemistry' at the moment. Do you think this will help?

Yes - definitely - it's a fantastic book for all teks!! stop worrying about the test - you will cover everything you need to know so chill!

Should I take my present kit along with me?

No - Your doing a Creative Class so just bring yourself - everything else will be waiting for you with your kit and nail trainer - the only things I would suggest taking if you have them already are ancillary items - nail clippers, cuticle pusher etc

do you think it may be a problem if the skin around her nails is sore looking???

No - your model sounds fine and if that's her only problem - brilliant - you should see some of the models nails we get on classes :rolleyes: I would suggest you get her to use CU Renu for her sore cuticles though!!

Creative training can go towards your NVQ - how do I start that ball rolling?

Speak to Diane Plummer at HQ - she will be able to help you with any questions on NVQ! (0113 275 0433)!!

Aaaahhh, thank you for your lovely reply Mrs Geek! I feel calmer already! :D

I'll give Diane a call on Monday and discuss NVQs with her.

And thank you Debs. Good to know what to expect on the homework front. And I didn't realise it was only Retention in the kit. I thought it would include Radical too. Think I'll just have to take my visa card along with me as I'm sure there'll be loads of other lovely goodies that I'll want to buy!

Good luck with your exam day, Debs. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Karenx

:rainbow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back