Pre pig...blonde to balayage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJSinger

Reaction score
Bit of advice please.

My client is a natural level 5
She has a full head of bleach, I usually bleach her root only at each appointment then tone with a level 9/10 ash loreal

She wants to go for a balayage look

Any recommendations for pre pigging ? She is very light, a level 10 for sure. Shall I go in with a semi copper level 5 over the parts I wish to lowlight for the balayage look. Then wash that off and apply an ash level 5 on the darker areas/root
And then tone the blonde left of course ?

Any recommendations on colours previously used ? She loves that ashy silver look

I usually use montibello and loreal dialight

Thanks

It's going to be really tricky to do , I'd look for another technique, purely because if this kind of client sees copper or warm tones which you will need they will freak out ! Might be better for her to grow it into a balayage by growing and blending the roots -might take 6 months or more but will help keep that cool ash look

Thanks. I've already warned her that I need to pre pig and fill it with a warmer colour first. She is not worried about that.ive seen heaps of hairdressers achieve a reverse balayage, I just wanted some advice from anyone who has done it before 😬😁

Thanks. I've already warned her that I need to pre pig and fill it with a warmer colour first. She is not worried about that.ive seen heaps of hairdressers achieve a reverse balayage, I just wanted some advice from anyone who has done it before 😬😁
Definitely achievable and what I would do in this situation is actually skip the pre pig stage as @liana kay says it's going to be tricky especially as to not get the copper on the places you don't want it. In situations like this I would usually incorporate my prepig tones in to the shade I'm applying. So if your desired result is a level 5 and you're dropping 5 levels I would use a level 5 demi with copper and gold tones ( my choice Wella colour touch 5/73) this would be enough to create a flat level 5. If you want a bit of richness to it then use a mahogany Brunnette shade. ( Colour touch 5/75)

Okay thanks. I usually use loreal dialight so I'll see what I can find in that.
She wants an ashy look though so won't it be quite warm ?

Latest posts

Back