Pre-pig colour advice L’Oréal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJlouise

Reaction score
hi all, seeking some advice as it has been a while since I last did a big colour change, it happens to be on my friend, who normally has full head foils bleach blonde, she has now decided she wants to go darker, she has a natural base of 5, obviously im going to have to pre colour, so thinking dia light 6.3 + 6vol, then just a 5 in dia richesse after? she's wanting to be dark like her natural base, this is where I'm stuck and my brain isn't working. Any advice would be amazing.

hi all, seeking some advice as it has been a while since I last did a big colour change, it happens to be on my friend, who normally has full head foils bleach blonde, she has now decided she wants to go darker, she has a natural base of 5, obviously im going to have to pre colour, so thinking dia light 6.3 + 6vol, then just a 5 in dia richesse after? she's wanting to be dark like her natural base, this is where I'm stuck and my brain isn't working. Any advice would be amazing.
If you take it back to our training, the undertones of a base 6 is orange. So 6.3 may not be intense enough. You need to add copper in to your pre pig. In a level 5 we'd find red-orange. So it's important you don't skip the copper as your end result will be very flat.

If you take it back to our training, the undertones of a base 6 is orange. So 6.3 may not be intense enough. You need to add copper in to your pre pig. In a level 5 we'd find red-orange. So it's important you don't skip the copper as your end result will be very flat.

It was meant to say 6.34 🤦‍♀️

Richesse can drop 4 levels on its own. Without pre colouring. If you’re going more then 4 levels darker you’ll need to pre colour with dialight then use either maji or INOA.

It’s a little different with Loreal, if our target shade is cool we go with .3, if it’s warm we go in with .34/.43 etc drendant on the target shade

It’s a little different with Loreal, if our target shade is cool we go with .3, if it’s warm we go in with .34/.43 etc drendant on the target shade
Ahh okay, I based it on my wella colour theory knowledge. When I trained with Framesi they follow the same as you've just said, but it differs depending on what range you use within the brand :)

Yep I’d be the same as you.
there’s some are cool colours id still use warm to pre colour with as I k ow it need the extra warmth.
also say the hair was sensitised, you would pre colour for cool but then in the target shade you would add more warmth as you go

Latest posts

Back