Pre-pig for black

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dani_1984

Reaction score
Natural base 7 with a few highlights.
She wants black, will use Diarichesse 1.
Would you pre-pig?
I would definitely for any other darker colour, but I'm in two minds whether to or not with black!
Only because I don't want any warmth to shine through and not worried about longevity - I have a feeling she won't want to be black forever!
What would you do?

Natural base 7 with a few highlights.
She wants black, will use Diarichesse 1.
Would you pre-pig?
I would definitely for any other darker colour, but I'm in two minds whether to or not with black!
Only because I don't want any warmth to shine through and not worried about longevity - I have a feeling she won't want to be black forever!
What would you do?
I think you need to prepig, black is made up of a lot of blue tones, put this over a level 7 and you could end up with a green hue. I'd consider using a demi permanent if you don't think she's committed. I'd probably just put a level 4 over it first, then go over it with the 1.
A level 1 would be so dense that it'll cover any kind of warmth.

I think you need to prepig, black is made up of a lot of blue tones, put this over a level 7 and you could end up with a green hue. I'd consider using a demi permanent if you don't think she's committed. I'd probably just put a level 4 over it first, then go over it with the 1.
A level 1 would be so dense that it'll cover any kind of warmth.

Thanks Ronray, didn't even think of just doing a 4, was just thinking of tone!
Yes... Want to avoid the green!

Richesse isn’t technical so if you are going up to 4 levels below the natural base work away with richesse.
Anything more than 4 levels lower you’ll need to move to INOA or majirel

Richesse isn’t technical so if you are going up to 4 levels below the natural base work away with richesse.
Anything more than 4 levels lower you’ll need to move to INOA or majirel

Oh bum I forgot about the 4 levels! Thank you for reminding me
I hate doing black
But if I don't do it I think a live xxl will happen!

Oh Jesus no! Richesse will be fab on her.
if she’s a level 7 I’d go in with the 4 in richesse and for the hilites Id use chromative just on those parts, wipe it off with cotton wool so it’s just a stain then go in with richesse.

If you used a level 4 first, then a 1 you're dropping 3 levels at a time?

If you used a level 4 first, then a 1 you're dropping 3 levels at a time?

‍*facepalm
It's been a long day ronray, I can't even think today!

Please everyone ignore me I know what I'm doing, honest!!;)
I forgot that was the plan, I'm going to blame the migraine I've had today for being a dumb ass :D

Latest posts

Back