Pre pig?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liswez

Reaction score
hiya everyone.. ok i am not colour confident.. i use wella koleston perfect.. im doing a client who has quite delicate hair..she has bleached hilights all through but more so as a money piece at front ..she has a tint base throughout. She now wants to be brown all over top and bleach blonde/silvery white undernieth..im concerned about the top going muddy green.. ive forgot what to use to get a nice 66/0 coverage..do i pre pig with orange? ..is it pure pigment..wipe off and apply over top..please help me!!

Pure pigment will have to be mixed with something to allow it to penetrate. Can I ask why are you using 66/0 to cover blonde highlights?

Pure pigment will have to be mixed with something to allow it to penetrate. Can I ask why are you using 66/0 to cover blonde highlights?
Thats the colour she had on before..shes a natural ginger and if i use 6/0 it comes through. . What do i do then if yu can advise me please.. i just need to know how to stop it goin khaki/swamp colour.. thankyu for replying xx

hiya everyone.. ok i am not colour confident.. i use wella koleston perfect.. im doing a client who has quite delicate hair..she has bleached hilights all through but more so as a money piece at front ..she has a tint base throughout. She now wants to be brown all over top and bleach blonde/silvery white undernieth..im concerned about the top going muddy green.. ive forgot what to use to get a nice 66/0 coverage..do i pre pig with orange? ..is it pure pigment..wipe off and apply over top..please help me!!
Hya ..not sure if you have sorted out the pre pig issue .

Simple rule of thumb..
6 inches of orange concentrate
1 inch of red pigment concentrate

Approx 80ml of kettle boiled water ..whish it to mix

Towel up client
Section all the hair and with a sponge apply the liquid mix to the blonde ...let it soak for twenty mins ..
Paper towel and squeeze wipe and take out the excess ..not harshly just the surplus slurry..

Then dry off with a dryer and brush till dry ..
Then out on your colour .this allows you to put the times in that have been lost ..it will defo save any green popping through .
This mix will work defo on a level 5/6 or below...
Going higher on the colour wheel drop off the red ..maybe just a little little smudge ..this never fails me
Hope it helps

Thats the colour she had on before..shes a natural ginger and if i use 6/0 it comes through. . What do i do then if yu can advise me please.. i just need to know how to stop it goin khaki/swamp colour.. thankyu for replying xx
66/0 is for intense coverage on resistant White hair.
You nerd to treat her roots like a different head of hair to her highlighted ends.
If you want to counteract the orange tones in her natural hair you need to be adding /88 to your formula.

Then for the ends need to pre pig and then use a natural or even a natural brunette tone to cover the blonde. Colour touch may even be a better option for the ends.

Hya ..not sure if you have sorted out the pre pig issue .

Simple rule of thumb..
6 inches of orange concentrate
1 inch of red pigment concentrate

Approx 80ml of kettle boiled water ..whish it to mix

Towel up client
Section all the hair and with a sponge apply the liquid mix to the blonde ...let it soak for twenty mins ..
Paper towel and squeeze wipe and take out the excess ..not harshly just the surplus slurry..

Then dry off with a dryer and brush till dry ..
Then out on your colour .this allows you to put the times in that have been lost ..it will defo save any green popping through .
This mix will work defo on a level 5/6 or below...
Going higher on the colour wheel drop off the red ..maybe just a little little smudge ..this never fails me
Hope it helps
Thankyou so much for the advice .. your fab xxx

Latest posts

Back