Pre pigging bleach hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingDigby

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My sister currently has back to back bleach highlights and is wanting to go slightly darker overall but keep some highlights.

I've done this on her hair previously and whilst she was happy with the outcome I wasnt. I foiled with conditioner and then used affinage pre pig spray in yellow and then applied wella koleston 6/3 and it came out slightly karki with a Violent tone on the ends. Can someone advise where I went wrong so i dont make the mistake again? I've never been too confident with pre pig. Should I have used colour touch or just a flat base? I'm open to feedback or any alternative ways to achieve the desired results. Ideally she wants around a level 6 as the base and shes natural around and 7. I've attached a photo of her current hair and a photo from the previous time I took it slightly darker.

Thanks guys

Attachments

• 20210203_202238.jpg
    20210203_202238.jpg
    728.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20210108_165302.jpg
    20210108_165302.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
Hi everyone,

My sister currently has back to back bleach highlights and is wanting to go slightly darker overall but keep some highlights.

I've done this on her hair previously and whilst she was happy with the outcome I wasnt. I foiled with conditioner and then used affinage pre pig spray in yellow and then applied wella koleston 6/3 and it came out slightly karki with a Violent tone on the ends. Can someone advise where I went wrong so i dont make the mistake again? I've never been too confident with pre pig. Should I have used colour touch or just a flat base? I'm open to feedback or any alternative ways to achieve the desired results. Ideally she wants around a level 6 as the base and shes natural around and 7. I've attached a photo of her current hair and a photo from the previous time I took it slightly darker.

Thanks guys
Hmm 🤔 that's a strange one, I can seel the violet hue your talking about. But with putting 6/3 on it incertain wouldn't expect to see that lol.
I definitely think colour touch is a better option for depositing colour. What shade are you hoping to achieve?

Hmm 🤔 that's a strange one, I can seel the violet hue your talking about. But with putting 6/3 on it incertain wouldn't expect to see that lol.
I definitely think colour touch is a better option for depositing colour. What shade are you hoping to achieve?
Hi thank you for your advice.

She is wanting around a base 6 or 7 but to keep a few highlights so I was going to foil with conditioner and then spray the left out hair with a gold pre pig spray then go in with colour touch but I'm not sure what shade as she doesnt want something too warm. Do you have any shade suggestions? Or maybe something I can use within having to pre pig? I've seen people say they add gold or copper to their tint but I've never tried it. I dont work as a hairdresser fulltime so my colour knowledge isnt as great as it use to be

Hi thank you for your advice.

She is wanting around a base 6 or 7 but to keep a few highlights so I was going to foil with conditioner and then spray the left out hair with a gold pre pig spray then go in with colour touch but I'm not sure what shade as she doesnt want something too warm. Do you have any shade suggestions? Or maybe something I can use within having to pre pig? I've seen people say they add gold or copper to their tint but I've never tried it. I dont work as a hairdresser fulltime so my colour knowledge isnt as great as it use to be
Okay, so gold isn't enough if you're dropping down to a level 6. You need to be adding copper as. If you haven't got copper to pre pig with then definitely use a warmer shade in colour touch instead.
If you want a natural result then 6/7 would be ideal. If you want a slightly warmer natural result then I'd recommend 6/73.
Id stick with a 6 because seeing how porous the hair is, a 7 will get lost especially after a wash or two. If you need any more help let me know :)

Okay, so gold isn't enough if you're dropping down to a level 6. You need to be adding copper as. If you haven't got copper to pre pig with then definitely use a warmer shade in colour touch instead.
If you want a natural result then 6/7 would be ideal. If you want a slightly warmer natural result then I'd recommend 6/73.
Id stick with a 6 because seeing how porous the hair is, a 7 will get lost especially after a wash or two. If you need any more help let me know :)
Amazing thank you for your help. So I could essentially go straight in with 6/73 or 6/7 without having to pre pig? Sorry for all the questions but now I see where I went wrong pre pigging before :)

Amazing thank you for your help. So I could essentially go straight in with 6/73 or 6/7 without having to pre pig? Sorry for all the questions but now I see where I went wrong pre pigging before :)
Yes exactly :) I would use 1.9% with it to ensure you get maximum deposit :)

Latest posts

Back