Pre pigging with L'Oreal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimberley1990

Reaction score
Needing some help guys a clients come to me with bleach blonde unevenly taken some parts are orange full head its short hair and then has Loreal majirouge bright red all over it as a permanent colour she now wants to go back dark purple or dark brown what products are the best and easiest to use is Loreal range sufficient? What's the best products to use thanks.

Wow. That's one long sentence!

First of all, what does she want, purple or brown? And what level?

How do you think you'd go about doing this?

http://www.salongeek.com/index.php?threads/How-to-ask-for-help-with-a-colour!.276315/
My client says she definatly wants a dark brown now, was thinking of using Loreal dia colour gelee to pre pig then dry it off then apply a semi brown colour she desires it's just which gelled to use I am thinking as its orange yellow underneath I need to use a blue violet gelee to neutralise it before the desired shade is that right? Doubting myself as its a mess to be honest the current hair thanks.

My client says she definatly wants a dark brown now, was thinking of using Loreal dia colour gelee to pre pig then dry it off then apply a semi brown colour she desires it's just which gelled to use I am thinking as its orange yellow underneath I need to use a blue violet gelee to neutralise it before the desired shade is that right? Doubting myself as its a mess to be honest the current hair thanks.

I've not heard/used gelee? Is that the old dia's?

Blue and violet would neutralise. But you should really lift out the colour first. How do you think you'd do that. Keeping in mind it's already bleached?

Yes it's the old one now it's dia colour richess apparently x I have no idea how to lift red and bleach off bleach need some advice with that as don't want to damage the hair but needs to be even

Need to put the natural pigment back in the hair it's been years since I did a correction

What level of brown did u decide on? I would do a clarifying shampoo, under heat as this may shift the red a little, don't worry too much as u would have had fill with red anyway depending on the level of brown u want, just to clarify are you using dia rechese or the gels? I love the new semis, but the old brown tubes used to scare me, everything seemed so dark,

Wants level 4 what's clarifying shampoo does sallya wholesalers sell it do you know? Leave the shampoo on under heat then rinse? The dia rechese X think it's a blue tube

This one
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1453412382.675585.jpg

Not sure which one I would use to put pigment back in not familia with the range mainly the permanent majirell range

Kimberly. I'm surprised you don't know what a clarifying shampoo is.

Are you a qualified hairstylist?

I am yes been out of it for a few years, I call it deep cleansing shampoo that gets rid of build up, remove excess of oil etc hair deep cleanser same thing diff name

Ok, just surprised me.

To be honest I'm not sure a clarifying shampoo would do a great deal? I don't use contrast, but it's a permanent I believe?

I think I'd also be inclined to use a dialight rather than richesse as dialight is for sensitised hair.

I would be using a colour remover to pull out/even up the existing colour.

@cams97 is a colour expert and @James294323 is a L'Oreal expert (in my eyes). They'll be able to help better.

Latest posts

Back