Pre pigging with mixtone in with your colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

katierake

Reaction score
Hi geeks!!

I've been reading a lot about people using mixtone in with their tints instead of pre pigging before. Can u give me some more info on ratios etc. I use wella and have always used perfecton or a semi/quasi to prepig so this would be much quicker! Thanks😃

beckstar!

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi geeks!!

I've been reading a lot about people using mixtone in with their tints instead of pre pigging before. Can u give me some more info on ratios etc. I use wella and have always used perfecton or a semi/quasi to prepig so this would be much quicker! Thanks😃
Il put some pics up Tomoz katierack that will help you alot x

katierake

Reaction score
Il put some pics up Tomoz katierack that will help you alot x
Thankyou! I've going from honey blonde back to my natural base of 4/5 on weds so would be a good chance for me to try it out!

SteffiMc

Reaction score
Yea I'm the same just scared to try it that way without knowing how much etc to put in lol x

beckstar!

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Thankyou! I've going from honey blonde back to my natural base of 4/5 on weds so would be a good chance for me to try it out!
For a base 4 use 7cms of 0/45
For base 5 use 6cms of 0/45
Il still upload some pics Tomoz x

beckstar!

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Yea I'm the same just scared to try it that way without knowing how much etc to put in lol x
Have you not got a swatch book for your colours steffimc all wellas special mix guild lines and ratios are on there il take some pics from a wella level 3 hand out book I have what will help you both x

LilMissCreative

Reaction score
For a base 4 use 7cms of 0/45
For base 5 use 6cms of 0/45
Il still upload some pics Tomoz x
I've got a client at the end of the week who's is currently a full head highlift tint & wants to go a nice 6/0. Her natural base is 7/8. I usually pre-pig before as well, but this can be time consuming as already stated. Would I use 5cm of 0/45 in my 6/0 with 3% avoiding the root area. Then do 6/0 with with 6% on the natural roots to match up?!? I'm not a fan of colour correction, much prefer cutting & styling. I always have visions of the hair going red etc if you put it in with your tint. Lol.

I will look out for your pics tomorrow, it'll help loads! X

...LilMissCreative...

katierake

Reaction score
I've got a client at the end of the week who's is currently a full head highlift tint & wants to go a nice 6/0. Her natural base is 7/8. I usually pre-pig before as well, but this can be time consuming as already stated. Would I use 5cm of 0/45 in my 6/0 with 3% avoiding the root area. Then do 6/0 with with 6% on the natural roots to match up?!? I'm not a fan of colour correction, much prefer cutting & styling. I always have visions of the hair going red etc if you put it in with your tint. Lol.

...LilMissCreative...
I may be completely wrong but would you not use the copper/orange mixtone to prepig to a 6 base??

beckstar!

Premium Geek
Reaction score

beckstar!

Premium Geek
Reaction score

...LilMissCreative...
Yes this all sounds fine Hun but 5cms of 0/43 not 0/45 x

magentahair

Reaction score
Why would you use 6% when her natural root is lighter then the target shade? Also there is no 3% in Wella.

beckstar!

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Why would you use 6% when her natural root is lighter then the target shade? Also there is no 3% in Wella.
I only read this quick just answered the Pre pig bit tbf
Magentahair is right there is no 3% in wella x

magentahair

Reaction score
I only read this quick just answered the Pre pig bit tbf
Magentahair is right there is no 3% in wella x
I wasn't questioning you Bex! Xx

beckstar!

Premium Geek
Reaction score

katierake

Reaction score
Would the amount of mix change with the amount of tint? I have LOADS of hair so always need a lot of tint mixed up. Would it still be the same if someone had very fine hair so only needed a relatively small amount of tint?! Sorry just want to get it right! X

katierake

Reaction score
Thanks guys this is before and after!! Perfect result!!ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379505964.462881.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379505981.566651.jpg

kwoodsy

Reaction score

katierake

Reaction score
We used 4/77 with 7cm 0/45 6%

kwoodsy

Reaction score
It's really nice...still can't get my head around how it works but the colour looks great!

beckstar!

Premium Geek
Reaction score

Latest posts