Pre pigging with mixtone in with your colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katierake

Reaction score
Hi geeks!!

I've been reading a lot about people using mixtone in with their tints instead of pre pigging before. Can u give me some more info on ratios etc. I use wella and have always used perfecton or a semi/quasi to prepig so this would be much quicker! Thanks😃

Hi geeks!!

I've been reading a lot about people using mixtone in with their tints instead of pre pigging before. Can u give me some more info on ratios etc. I use wella and have always used perfecton or a semi/quasi to prepig so this would be much quicker! Thanks😃

Il put some pics up Tomoz katierack that will help you alot x

Il put some pics up Tomoz katierack that will help you alot x

Thankyou! I've going from honey blonde back to my natural base of 4/5 on weds so would be a good chance for me to try it out!

Yea I'm the same just scared to try it that way without knowing how much etc to put in lol x

Thankyou! I've going from honey blonde back to my natural base of 4/5 on weds so would be a good chance for me to try it out!

For a base 4 use 7cms of 0/45
For base 5 use 6cms of 0/45
Il still upload some pics Tomoz x

Yea I'm the same just scared to try it that way without knowing how much etc to put in lol x

Have you not got a swatch book for your colours steffimc all wellas special mix guild lines and ratios are on there il take some pics from a wella level 3 hand out book I have what will help you both x

For a base 4 use 7cms of 0/45
For base 5 use 6cms of 0/45
Il still upload some pics Tomoz x

I've got a client at the end of the week who's is currently a full head highlift tint & wants to go a nice 6/0. Her natural base is 7/8. I usually pre-pig before as well, but this can be time consuming as already stated. Would I use 5cm of 0/45 in my 6/0 with 3% avoiding the root area. Then do 6/0 with with 6% on the natural roots to match up?!? I'm not a fan of colour correction, much prefer cutting & styling. I always have visions of the hair going red etc if you put it in with your tint. Lol.

I will look out for your pics tomorrow, it'll help loads! X

...LilMissCreative...

I've got a client at the end of the week who's is currently a full head highlift tint & wants to go a nice 6/0. Her natural base is 7/8. I usually pre-pig before as well, but this can be time consuming as already stated. Would I use 5cm of 0/45 in my 6/0 with 3% avoiding the root area. Then do 6/0 with with 6% on the natural roots to match up?!? I'm not a fan of colour correction, much prefer cutting & styling. I always have visions of the hair going red etc if you put it in with your tint. Lol.

...LilMissCreative...

I may be completely wrong but would you not use the copper/orange mixtone to prepig to a 6 base??

...LilMissCreative...

Yes this all sounds fine Hun but 5cms of 0/43 not 0/45 x

Why would you use 6% when her natural root is lighter then the target shade? Also there is no 3% in Wella.

Why would you use 6% when her natural root is lighter then the target shade? Also there is no 3% in Wella.

I only read this quick just answered the Pre pig bit tbf
Magentahair is right there is no 3% in wella x

I only read this quick just answered the Pre pig bit tbf
Magentahair is right there is no 3% in wella x

I wasn't questioning you Bex! Xx

Would the amount of mix change with the amount of tint? I have LOADS of hair so always need a lot of tint mixed up. Would it still be the same if someone had very fine hair so only needed a relatively small amount of tint?! Sorry just want to get it right! X

Thanks guys this is before and after!! Perfect result!! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379505964.462881.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379505981.566651.jpg

We used 4/77 with 7cm 0/45 6%

It's really nice...still can't get my head around how it works but the colour looks great!

Latest posts

Back