Pre pigment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndreA chrami

Reaction score
I have a client that has had every colour and now what's to go from platinum blonde to dark brown down to a base 6/5.
I have to pre pigmented with it been so blonde would be better using copper or copper red . I really don't want a red tinge

I have a client that has had every colour and now what's to go from platinum blonde to dark brown down to a base 6/5.
I have to pre pigmented with it been so blonde would be better using copper or copper red . I really don't want a red tinge
You will need to fill with a red. Use Redken Shades 9aa. You need red to hold other colors. I would also use Olaplex to keep integrity of hair. Bonds will be stronger which will also help to hold color.

Do you want to go to a 6 or a 5? You need different colour pre pig for 6 than 5

Best to use a lv.or 2 lighter color like a 7GC. Go for gold copper as more gold is needed & not so much red.Your target color is a N series so It has a balanced amount of RYB pigments in it and the amount of Red in the copper + the red thats balanced in the N series is enough red warmth and will not be a reddish outcome. We need more of the gold/yellow pigment for warmth and just a touch of red/copper to maintain the balanced pigmented N color.

Latest posts

Back