Pre softening?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca lee

Reaction score
Hiya! I had a client who wanted to go blonde from very dark box dye. We managed to get it to lift eventually but was very resistant and now needs another go over and toner to get rid if the yellow. However underneath is really bright I'm wondering if pre softening the top would help it lift more? Or now that the bleach had taken a bit dies that mean the hair is no longer resistant and nobjeed to pre soften. I guess what I'm trying to ask is can u pre soften bleached hair?

Hiya! I had a client who wanted to go blonde from very dark box dye. We managed to get it to lift eventually but was very resistant and now needs another go over and toner to get rid if the yellow. However underneath is really bright I'm wondering if pre softening the top would help it lift more? Or now that the bleach had taken a bit dies that mean the hair is no longer resistant and nobjeed to pre soften. I guess what I'm trying to ask is can u pre soften bleached hair?
No, the hair is already more porous now and the cuticle isn't so tightly packed. I'd say opt for a good quality bleach and use a low developer- this will allow you to develop for longer with out jeopardising the integrity of the hair.
Also make sure you weight/ measure your bleach and developer out - for optimum results.
Take sections thin enough that you could read news paper print through.
After 15-20 mins check back through it to make sure it's not drying out, if it is reapply :)

Ooh also make sure to mix fresh product every 15 mins if you're working with a lot of hair :)

No, the hair is already more porous now and the cuticle isn't so tightly packed. I'd say opt for a good quality bleach and use a low developer- this will allow you to develop for longer with out jeopardising the integrity of the hair.
Also make sure you weight/ measure your bleach and developer out - for optimum results.
Take sections thin enough that you could read news paper print through.
After 15-20 mins check back through it to make sure it's not drying out, if it is reapply :)
Thank you, all went well I had a great result x

Latest posts

Back