Pre-tipping advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilk87

Reaction score
Hey geeks!

Just wanted some advice really.

I'm playing around with a cut off from a used weft, glue pot, glue granules and a silicone pad.

Melted the glue then cut a strand off the weft and tipped it then squashed it flat with the silicone pad. Any advice on how to get a even shape every time?

Also I tried one with my connector and the glue didn't feel right for some reason. I'd there another type of glue to use? It is keratin.

Will put some pics on too :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337611400.906965.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337611400.906965.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 130
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337611434.706243.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337611434.706243.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 125
Can I ask you why you want to do this rather than not apply it straight to the hair?? Saves so much time.

Can I ask you why you want to do this rather than not apply it straight to the hair?? Saves so much time.

I tried doing it that way but for some reason the glue went bitty?

How do you mean bitty? This is the most common way to do it like the racoon method. You just need to
Make sure the glue is the right temperate and that you are using the right glue and the right amount. Maybe your glue has been left out too long? You need to keep glue sticks in air tight compartments.

It just wouldn't roll smooth or nicely and would look white ??

Hey geeks!

Just wanted some advice really.

I'm playing around with a cut off from a used weft, glue pot, glue granules and a silicone pad.

Melted the glue then cut a strand off the weft and tipped it then squashed it flat with the silicone pad. Any advice on how to get a even shape every time?

Also I tried one with my connector and the glue didn't feel right for some reason. I'd there another type of glue to use? It is keratin.

Will put some pics on too :)

How did you get on with this ?i want to start making my own bonds so I can mix colours from wefts/bulk xx

Latest posts

Back