Pre tipping loose hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cassey0310

Reaction score
Hello! Does anyone on here pre tip their own loose ponytails? If so how do you do it? Hand rolled? Or does anyone know a machine for it?? As it taking up sooooo much time!!! and sorry for I TIP HAIR! xx

I make wefts into I tips, I hand roll and it does take forever, I only do it for fine hair clients where a regular I tip is too noticeable or if a person only needs a few in the sides and already has clip ins, I just use that hair, what sort of pontail are u meaning? Like a clip in or an actual chopped off persons ponytail?

Like a chopped off ponytail aha! I've done it for over a year now (hand rolling) but just wondered how other companies get them so round and perfect?? Must be a machine right? x

Yea companies use a machine, I just roll with my fingers tho

I also hand roll and it takes FOREVER! wish i had a machine!

I brought one of those heavy green tipping machines years ago but it frustrated the hell out of me lol plus was only good for nail and flat tips... I tips I just hand role... And it takes forever, good thing is can make them as thick or thin as you like.

I need to do this for the first time next week how did you learn to do it? Any good YouTube videos you can point me to? Is it easy enough? Xx

I'm sure there are some videos on YouTube, you can use anything really,I usually drop a few grains of keratin onto my heat connector and coat the piece of hair you need thoroughly then roll it between ur fingers... Hot!!

Yeah I was looking at machines but they didn't have the tool for I tips just nail and flat tips or V tips!! Just fed up of blistered fingers aha!! x

The machines don't do stick tips.

I used to offer a tipping service but gave it up couple of years ago as it made my fingers sore and ache and I got cramps. There is a few rippers around though now who are really good.

They are in Facebook
Mane envy tipping service
Hair-extension tipping
Tinkhairbell tipping

They offer a good price tipping service

What glue do you guys use? The glue I'm using at the min is going mushy after 3 months and I'm having to re-tip every time I do a refit! X

foxy keratin granules, a bag lasts aaages! x

I would send off for a tipping service just need a quicker turn around time! x

Has anyone tried the above tipping services that I mentioned about three posts up of so they all offer a quick turnaround. I'm still getting enquiries about my tipping service that I used to offer years and years ago but I just pass them into these three businesses now as I don't offer a tipping service anymore I don't have the time x

Olletta spring does it aswell x

Latest posts

Back