pre wax question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodabubble

Reaction score
ok, so I've decided to wax my legs at home today, was just getting my stuff together and realised I've got no pre wax! Got all manner of after wax stuff, but my pre wax is empty! Just wondering if theres anything else I could use, figured one of you geeks would have been is a similar situation! Thanks xx

I don't think it would be the end of the world if you didn't use anything, as long as you're clean. The only alternative that springs to mind is witch hazel. Hth

Yes, my first instincts too... Witch Hazel will do the job! xxxx

ooooh thanks geeks, hopefully I'll have some of that!

xxx

I know some folks have used surgical spirit as a cleanser in the past, although it's a little harsh for my liking. Any regular skin toner will also do the trick.

As Zo Zo said, it's not the end of the world if you don't use a pre-wax cleanser on yourself, just don't apply any body lotions after your shower/bath and you should be fine.

well according to katelisa's waxing tutorial on here surgical spirit can use to pre cleanse

never done this myself, so i would say witch hazel is fine

i have used both when needed , surg and wich hazel they are fine xxx

I used surgical spirit and baby powder for years before I succumbed to fancy pre-wax cleansers! It's absolutely fine just remember not to use S.S. on the face.xxx

Surgical spirit was all that was ever used years ago,its only alcohol ,like Axiom says its a bit harsh now .Good at cleaning wax from floors though.

Last edited:
For years I never used pre-wax. I'd just wipe over the area with a damp face cloth and then use powder. A few days ago was the first time I've used pre-wax on myself at home.

i only use surge on clients to remove any product residue, ie lotion / deodorant, because i can put it in a spray bottle and either mist it over and wipe it off or just spray it on cotton wool and wipe. you can use the same spray bottle then to spray any bits on your floor, spray your own hands, and spray anything else that you get any wax on lol.

i use salon systems sensitive pre wax cleanser for face. but its no different to any kind of toner / cleanser / make up remover. to be honest i think its probably just water with colour and a bit of a lavender scent!

surgical spirit should be used on legs bikini etc and witch hazel on face

i also have used both witch hazel and surgical spirit:)

Latest posts

Back