Prebonded hair extensions removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi girls I'm a qualified hair extensionist. Had a client come for a removal and Refit of new hair.

Hair extensions had been fitted somewhere else prior to removal. I dont normally remove another salon or hair extensionist work.

Never in my life has it took me 4 hrs just to remove Prebonded hair extensions.

I tried acetone based remover and alcohol based remover and the bonds went slightly soft but still very hard and firm.

It took me 4hrs!!! Yes you hear me 4hrs to remove 100bonds!! I have did plenty of Prebonded removal with my own hair suppliers and they remove pretty easy and quickly i normally have a full head removed within 45minutes to an hour max.

Has anyone else has prebonds they strugglde to remove. Nothing would break the bond down and I dont know what hair they had fitted. This hair was definitely not keratin or Italian keratin. Felt like super glue.

The next time i will need to charge more for removal or just decide not to remove anyone else's work again. Xx

I’ve had this. It’s a nightmare. If the keratin is new and not too old then it will be harder to remove. I use 99% alcohol and some decent pliers. I can recommend bond breaker shampoo too if I feel they may be a problem. The harder the keratin to remove I guess the better the adhesive xx

I’ve had this. It’s a nightmare. If the keratin is new and not too old then it will be harder to remove. I use 99% alcohol and some decent pliers. I can recommend bond breaker shampoo too if I feel they may be a problem. The harder the keratin to remove I guess the better the adhesive xx

Thank you for your reply. This is was a new client who had her extrnsuijs fitted elsewhere . Had them in for 6months. I have never came across Prebonded hair extensions like these before.

Normally the bond dissolve and break up really well with no issues. I tried alcohol based as well incase they where italian keratin but no nothing helped too break down the bond it was like super glue xx

Hi girls I'm a qualified hair extensionist. Had a client come for a removal and Refit of new hair.

Hair extensions had been fitted somewhere else prior to removal. I dont normally remove another salon or hair extensionist work.

Never in my life has it took me 4 hrs just to remove Prebonded hair extensions.

I tried acetone based remover and alcohol based remover and the bonds went slightly soft but still very hard and firm.

It took me 4hrs!!! Yes you hear me 4hrs to remove 100bonds!! I have did plenty of Prebonded removal with my own hair suppliers and they remove pretty easy and quickly i normally have a full head removed within 45minutes to an hour max.

Has anyone else has prebonds they strugglde to remove. Nothing would break the bond down and I dont know what hair they had fitted. This hair was definitely not keratin or Italian keratin. Felt like super glue.

The next time i will need to charge more for removal or just decide not to remove anyone else's work again. Xx

Great lengths I’m guessing?! Prebonded are tough to remove most of the time as they are hard like super glue but great lengths are a nightmare won’t touch them again!

I had a client who came to me with these "bonds". She just had them done and were itching as crazy. So close to the scalp that they were ripping her own hair out. It took me 2-3h to remove about 75 of these monsters. The funny thing is that she went to a fully licensed hairdresser and she charged her $300 just for refitting those. I think this is almost criminal. I used alcohol and patience to get those out, nothing else worked.
IMG_4463.jpeg
IMG_4466 (1).jpeg

Have your tried acetone? Xx

Those bonds are a very strange colour too! [emoji33]

Latest posts

Back