Precision Polishing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Geeg another brilliant tutorial, I didn't know about nailfresh, hopefully I will give it a go very soon :lol:then I can throw away my orange sticks tipped in cotton wool:lol:

Joan

Thanks for the great howto Geeg!!! I am feeling really confident that all will work out for me. Gorgeous nails, here I come!! :lol:

Thanks. Great tutorial!!!It has helped me a lot!!!

I have been practising this method for the last 6 months and am still getting tiny little bubbles as the polish begins to dry, I have tried different polish removers, polishes, base coats top coats, you name it I have tried it and I still get the bubbles surfacing as the polish begind to dry and no one can give me an answer. Any one out there had the same problem?:cry:

I have been practising this method for the last 6 months and am still getting tiny little bubbles as the polish begins to dry, I have tried different polish removers, polishes, base coats top coats, you name it I have tried it and I still get the bubbles surfacing as the polish begind to dry and no one can give me an answer. Any one out there had the same problem?:cry:
this can be acaused by shaking too vigourously before polishing .... or too much heat in the immediate area

this can be acaused by shaking too vigourously before polishing .... or too much heat in the immediate area

Thanks but I have tried rolling the polish bottle and it has been happenning to me for the last 6 months in different surrounding areas, I have spent hours trying different solutions, my confidence has gone and cannot continue painting clients nails. :cry:

Hi i just wanted to say thankyou for this tutorial as i found it very useful and its true that client's have very high expectations of a professional job when polishing their nails. I always found painting toes alot easier than fingernails, also its quite a personal treatment to as once you finish polishing one hand, client's like to look and inspect what you've done when you havent completely finished and therefore i understand that sometimes people want to give up because it can be intimidating but like they say practise makes perfect.

I just wanted to ask as regard to the Nail Fresh i think its a great idea much better than cotton buds which is what my salon uses & i hate it because it canruin a good job if not careful.
Can Nail Fresh be used with any Nail Brand or Only Creative Nail Design?

Also when the turtorial mentioned about when drawing the brush from the bottle do it so its away from you and then, the other side is ready to use. But when working on client's nails i tend to wipe both sides of the brush as i do not need lots of polish on the nail plate and apply 2 thin coats of appilication so that the polish can dry quicker to. What did you mean by this- im always open to new ideas and suggestions for improvement.
I agree with you about Rolling the bottle is better than shaking it although i only found this out recently as previously the two salons i worked at didnt do it that way, but what i tend to do is turn the bottle upside down then roll it, is this still allright? or will turning it upside down still create surface bubbles i usually do that if poilish is below half-way stage??

Thankyou for reading this & i hope you get back to me soon
LaylaX

Thanks! This was very helpful. I just took the written part of my exam for my license. I passed greatly! I am very excited!!:p

but what i tend to do is turn the bottle upside down then roll it, is this still allright? or will turning it upside down still create surface bubbles i usually do that if poilish is below half-way stage??

it will make the lids stick to the bottles, make the polish dry in the lid, then when you turn it the right way up and open it, the crisp bits fall back into the bottle and create lumps in the polish.

yes i have had that problem before thankyou nail zoo ill stop doing that then so you think its ok to shake bottles before use this wont create surface bubbles?

Hi
This is so brilliant thank you so much I feel alot more confident now.
I was using China glaze last night and when I pulled the brush out wiped away from me there seems to be a big blob on the brush running down so would you just wipe the tip! Sounds obvious now writing this.
Also When you have wiped the brush do you use the side with no paint on and like you say fan the brush on the nail or do you turn the brush! ooh so complicated
Thanks

Hi
This is so brilliant thank you so much I feel alot more confident now.
I was using China glaze last night and when I pulled the brush out wiped away from me there seems to be a big blob on the brush running down so would you just wipe the tip! Sounds obvious now writing this.
Also When you have wiped the brush do you use the side with no paint on and like you say fan the brush on the nail or do you turn the brush! ooh so complicated
Thanks

No you use the loaded side of the brush. Don't worry about there being a blob .. this is what you need on the end of the brush .. enough to do the whole nail.

Why am I unable to see the second page of the tutorial each time I click on second page it just takes me to the next page of comments on this page it says click to read full tutorial but when I do it just takes me back to the first page.:irked:

Where is the bit on brush control? I think I am being a bit thick as cannot find it! x

This should all be sorted now.

Thanks a lot for this very helpful and informative tutorial!

what a fantastic tutorial, thank you geeg. xx

Excellent giving me extra confidence to do what I love and enjoy x

Just read through Precision Polishing again since it has popped up. I remember reading through this some while ago now and I think every Nail Technician & Beauty Therapist new to the business or those just not confident in polishing should read through more than once. :)

I have just read this tutorial and so glad I have found it as I am terrible at using standard nail varnish. I have been so busy with Shellac that I have forgotten all about normal manicures which some clients still ask for. Must get practising.
X

Latest posts

Back