Prefab garage conversion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iseeiwant

Reaction score
I'm thinking of converting my garage into a beauty salon. It is not an integral garage but a prefabricated one. It would obviously be done correctly and I would speak with insurance, mortgage, council etc. has anyone done this and what were the costs? Thanks.

I'm just bumping this thread as I am looking into doing the same but I'm having no joy when searching.
If anyone has experience or pictures to share, I would be most grateful.

Many thanks. Xx

I'm thinking of converting my garage into a beauty salon. It is not an integral garage but a prefabricated one. It would obviously be done correctly and I would speak with insurance, mortgage, council etc. has anyone done this and what were the costs? Thanks.

Hi Iseeiwant

Did you go ahead with you garage conversion in the end? Xx

I asked a builder for an estimate for my prefab garage for a salon conversation - it was 12 grand not including electrics which it already has - personally I can't justify that sort of money on a building that is already there and am now thinking about a conservatory instead x

I asked a builder for an estimate for my prefab garage for a salon conversation - it was 12 grand not including electrics which it already has - personally I can't justify that sort of money on a building that is already there and am now thinking about a conservatory instead x

Thank you for your reply.
Wow! That is steep isn't it
I did consider a summer house but I worry about being able to heat it up.
Then I also considered converting my loft. So many options. Just knowing the costs though. I would of thought the garage was the cheaper option of the 3 but at £12k I dread to think how much the other options would be

Yegh I poo pood that one pretty quick [emoji30]

I've just had a garden room built it has cost me 25k, it's beautiful its insulated and I heat it with air con heating unit i currently pay 12k a year in rent a chair .... so yes it's a lot of money to start but it's an investment in your business,.. a friend of mine already had a lovely shed in her garden and that cost her 12k to insulate and turn into a salon.. personally I think your quote is what I would expect. Materials labour and vat don't come cheap x

I've just had a garden room built it has cost me 25k, it's beautiful its insulated and I heat it with air con heating unit i currently pay 12k a year in rent a chair .... so yes it's a lot of money to start but it's an investment in your business,.. a friend of mine already had a lovely shed in her garden and that cost her 12k to insulate and turn into a salon.. personally I think your quote is what I would expect. Materials labour and vat don't come cheap x

Have you got any photos Eloise? x

Have you got any photos Eloise? x

118552a3fe4c76612dbd69b0d0508007.jpg
5e2ae797e1e2b1eb08f96594fda358db.jpg

Wow!!!!!! That's incredible!!! Stunning and super professional, that's way nicer than the salon I go to. Can I ask how much it cost? I'm guessing about £25k???

Oh haha I just read it was £25k!

Wow!!!!!! That's incredible!!! Stunning and super professional, that's way nicer than the salon I go to. Can I ask how much it cost? I'm guessing about £25k???

Yes around 25k, I also have free parking for clients too. It’s actually much nicer than many of the salons I’ve worked in in town centres. It was worth every penny. I used to pay 12+k a year chair rental then car park and petrol on top, so after a couple of years it would have paid for itself xx

That is stunning! x

Yes around 25k, I also have free parking for clients too. It’s actually much nicer than many of the salons I’ve worked in in town centres. It was worth every penny. I used to pay 12+k a year chair rental then car park and petrol on top, so after a couple of years it would have paid for itself xx

Amazing. Do you enjoy working from there and what do your clients / neighbours think? I'm guessing you needed some kind of planning permission from the council? X

I love working there, clients love coming there. Don’t need planning for the building and My local council were very supportive. It’s also my home gym and entertainment room when we have guests so it’s mixed use. My neighbours are also very supportive but has no affect on them anyway as I have my own 3 car driveway xx

That looks beautiful!

I love working there, clients love coming there. Don’t need planning for the building and My local council were very supportive. It’s also my home gym and entertainment room when we have guests so it’s mixed use. My neighbours are also very supportive but has no affect on them anyway as I have my own 3 car driveway xx

Perfect! Do you have to pay any business rates or anything? I'm very jelous, you've done a great job! Do you do beauty too or just hairdressing?

Perfect! Do you have to pay any business rates or anything? I'm very jelous, you've done a great job! Do you do beauty too or just hairdressing?

My local town centre make business rates for small businesses very reasonable. Things do tend to change year on year with councils but atm no I don’t need to pay rates. Maybe the fact that it’s mixed use helps that too. I have squat racks, Olympic weights, free weights, a weights bench in there for my gym and like I say we entertain our guests in there as my house cats don’t like ppl [emoji23]. The gym stuff is stored in my cupboard and comes out as and when I need it. It’s just hairdressing that i do. xxx

Latest posts

Back