Pregnancy massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bella bee

Reaction score
Hi, my birthday is coming up soon and I've been looking about at night away and hotels with spa, I'm 14 weeks pregnant and thought of maybe getting pregnancy massage, there is few different ones to choose from either back, tummy, scalp, leg, wondering if any use had one and what thought and what did use get?x

I have never had a baby, but from my experience of treating pregnant woman, the back, head & legs have been the most popular areas for tension relief and relaxation.

I hope you have a lovely time away:)x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I've been having reflexology all through my pregnancy ( and my last one ) the therapist is trained to do it in pregnancy and I personally find it amazing! I don't switch off easily but I am snoring and nearly dribbling within 5 minutes!! It's also very beneficial for you and baby :)

I also had a pregnancy massage which personally I didn't really enjoy. It's just not the same being pregnant as obviously you can't lay on your tummy.

It's usually either on a beanbag or as I had on my side, so I had one side done followed by the other and it just didn't feel quite right to me.

It also amazes me the amount of places that will not touch pregnant women.

I have asked at a few places who will only do a manicure, pedicure or facial :(

I think there are a few things you can't have done such as hot stones as its too stimulating? But that's only what I have been told.

I'd also be interested to hear any therapists recommendations :)

Ooh and I forgot to add I booked a back neck and shoulder massage at a lovely spa and was expected to be sat up sideways on the bed, with nothing on my top half! Hence cold and def not relaxing!

congratulations!
I am due next week- Went to see a physio last week as suffering excruciating sciatica pains but he won't touch me as could send me into early labour!

Sorry to go off track just hoping somebody knows a secret pain relief for sciatica :)

If i were you I'd get a back massage as that to me now sounds like total heaven so get one whilst you can! :) x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Congratulations and Elemis do a mother to be massage! I'm not trained or qualified in it but my friend had it done and said lovely and all trailer made products. Hope this is a starting point for you! X enjoy! X

Thanks everyone and for replies,helped as wondered what would be like and how would lie on bed too. I want something else than just did man/ped/facials. Yummymummy, i have been looking at the elmis pregnancy massage at hilton hotel, they have 4 different options to choose from xx

Thanks everyone and for replies,helped as wondered what would be like and how would lie on bed too. I want something else than just did man/ped/facials. Yummymummy, i have been looking at the elmis pregnancy massage at hilton hotel, they have 4 different options to choose from xx
ooh how lovely I'd go for the most expensive!! U deserve a treat!! Where are u looking to go away to? Xx

Lol I thought that, get the dearest and longest:) just going to Glasgow not far, about 30mins from where I live and easy to get to :)xx

Have you heard of hydrotherm? Basically you lay on water cushions and can get a massage front and back without turning over. Perfect for pregnancy. If you were closer to me I'd offer you a trial to see if you liked it x

was reading through the thread and thinking Hydrotherm ! It's perfect for pregnancy, really comfy and cosy - Ocho Spa in Glasgow do it , I think a few of the hotel-based spas offer it too .

Hydrotherm sounds amazing! I may have to see if anyone does it in my area :) x

I've never heard of hyrdotherm, just had search or it and looks and sounds good! Thanks for offer tho pinkbunny :D ill have look into ocho spa and where else thanks catface xx

Just seen Ocho are doing a "Yummy Mummy" package for mums-to-be - Hydrotherm, cryssage facial and pedicure - I WANT THAT!!!!! :D!

.. and Mar Hall do Hydrotherm ! ( and the best cakes ever! )

I've just been looking at ocho and reading through that one, does look good think might be going for that one!xx

Latest posts

Back