Pregnancy and mobile hairdressing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcintyre85

Reaction score
I’m a busy mobile hairdresser and spent approx 8 years building my business up, my partner and I have been trying for a baby and I found out yesterday I’m pregnant! I’m so excited, but I have a bit of anxiety about work. I’m back tomorrow after the weekend and my job involves a lot of heavy lifting, the stuff is heavy to the point I feel I can’t ask my clients to lift it for me, but I do colouring so there are lots of big full bottles etc. I often have to lug these bags and my chair up multiple staircases in blocks of flats, and I have a few clients who are pregnant themselves and a few in wheelchairs. I don’t have space at home to do hair there because I’m renovating so it’s a building site, plus my partner isn’t happy to have strangers in and out of the flat. What do I do?? I’m literally worrying about how/when I’m even supposed to tell them I’m pregnant?!

Congratulations on your pregnancy.
Can you decant the developers and shampoo/conditioners into smaller bottles?
If you start to find colouring too difficult to accommodate, consider reducing your range of services to maybe bridal styling/ hair cutting?

unfortunately pretty much all my business is colouring, I only get the odd bride a couple of times a year (it’s not my speciality!) and my biggest earner is my highlights and balayage, I couldn’t possibly stop colouring or I’d lose my entire business. I don’t know what to do! It’s heavy equipment as well as the bottles, about 20kg worth along with my chair and towels etc.

Latest posts

Back