Pregnancy spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophs999

Reaction score
I've checked with my company and they've said it's ok after the first trimester to spray but just wondered if anyone out there regularly sprays pregnant women? It will be my first pregnant spray today.

I've checked with my company and they've said it's ok after the first trimester to spray but just wondered if anyone out there regularly sprays pregnant women? It will be my first pregnant spray today.

i have sprayed quite a few pregnant women i do everything the same as a normal spray tan treatment except i make sure they wear a mask (like a surgeon mask that covers nose and mouth) or a nasal plug, this just protects them from breathing in the the spray, but just to be extra safe i would double check with your insurance

I have spray tanned pregnant ladies before and I'm actually pregnant as well.

I get them to wear a a mask the same as the one I wear. I then spray the whole body as usual but leave the face to the very end. I then get them to remove their mask and hold their breath as I spray the face.

I also advise that the tan may not take as it usually does and that it could be patchy due to hormones but anyone I've sprayed have turned out grand so far.

Also tell her to let you know if she feels faint or lightheaded as sometimes pregnant woman can be lightheaded for no real reason.

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree with the previous posters, it is not harmful to spraytan pregnant women (a lot of my friends even had spraytans done in the 1st trimester), but some precautions should be taken such as wearing a mask to minimize the inhalation of the fumes when spraying the body and ask her to hold her breath when you are spraying her face. And due to increased melanin production some darker areas might appear on her face or body which are not actually due to the spraytan, but the skin underneath, but the spraytan will make it look more prominent. As long as you make her aware that she might react differently to the spraytan (like the points mentioned above or also the smell could make her really nauseous).

Hope that helps :biggrin:

Thank you guys! X

Latest posts

Back