pregnancy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

louise holah

Reaction score
hi!
I was wondering if anyone could help me on this situation?
I have a client who is eight months pregnant. She has had her Acrylic enhanncments on since before her pregnancy and all during. The problem is the last three infills she has felt very faint and dizzy whilst i have been doing her nails. The first time she actually did faint for a second!!!
She said it has also happened once or twice at work & she visited her doctor so i really thought it was not any thing to do with being in the salon. UNTIL!!!!! Yesterday a client who is two and a half months pregnant did the same. Went all dizzy. Our salon is a very large open space, I make sure there is always fresh air coming in!
Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know why it is happenening, do you think it is a coincidence?

Just a little thought - mums to be are not meant to sit still for too long - this was prob not the case but thought it might be worth mentioning if it was near the end of the treatment - it only usually causes problems if they are sitting still for a couple of hours (circulation thing!)

Ruth

She would do best consulting her Dr.

Dizziness can be a symptom of vapour overexposure, however she has an almost higher chance of becoming the next Prime Minister than being overexposed to vapour.
Though that was a damn funny remark from your witty as ever Geek... In a nutshell, what I am saying is that although it is practically unheard of, it would not impossible. My first and primary concern would still be for her and her child.

Here is the good news: 96% of nail technicians are Female and the vast majority of them have (or will have) children they have carried full term whilst being a preofessional nail tech.
Your average clients exposure is about 80 times below your professional exposure... if the dizziness was related, or a symptom of products and pregos then most techs could never work when they were prego.

Hope this helps.

Just a thought here, maybe she just got too warm, even though you have ventilation it may still get too warm for a pregnant woman. I was dizzy all the way through my second pregnancy, bad enough to pass out several times, new it was gonna be a troublesome girl, lol
One query here though, 10 months pregnant? unlucky girl

just thought i would let you know i had this problem of sitting down or standing still for long periods of time whilst i was pregnant, not handy if you are getting your nails done or queing in the post office :rolleyes: apparently one of your main arteries can get squashed by the weight of the baby which in turn makes your circulation sluggish this also happens if you lay on your back when reaching the later stages of pregnacy, the old room starts a spinning :D maybe giving your lady a chance to get up and streach her legs in between each phase of your application will help ;)

Hooray :p

- i thought I was being really dumb when I mentioned the sitting for too long thing :rolleyes:

Thanks Nicki for confirming that :D

ruthie

I have to agree with the sitting too long theory. It's probably either that or it's her blood pressure--but I would think that her OB would have caught that if she went to the Dr. after it happened. Same thing happened to me when I was preggers with Ben...mine was pre-eclympsia (high blood pressure).

hi!
Thanks for all the advice everyone!
ooops sorry i meant eight months pregnant.
Well, I did her nails yesterday and she was fine. I sit near the windows so i had them all open ( i was freezing) and it all seemed to go ok. No dizziness. yipeeee.
Very good thought about sitting for a long time!!!
Thanks again to you all for the advice.
xxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back