Pregnancy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First of all CONGRATULATIONS!! :hug: :hug:

Secondly, if you're worried about smoking try reading Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking. It really does work and you shouldn't feel any stress. May be worth a go. Good luck, hun.

just thought I would give you guys a quick update on the stuation - we told both our parents at the weekend and to my surprise they were really happy - my mum joked how she wish I could of waited till she retired!!!!! The one person who surprised me the most with their reaction was my step dad but he said that was just because he thought I'd have had problems conceiving (with things that have happened in the past - tess/scans for endrometiosis - can spell - etc etc)

Just gotta wait till the midwife phones m back and gives me a scan date now - cant wait till I know I'm 3 months cos me and Gary (partner) are dying to tell everyone!!!!

Just thought i'd let you no that widwife has just phoned me back - got my dating scan on Monday afternoon - just gotta try and get day off work now - thought I would let everyin no even tho not many people seem interested!!!!

Cool, bet you're excited now!!!

Good luck!!!

Rachel

Had my first scan yesterday & I'm two months - we have decided to tell everyone cos it wasnt fair hiding it from people - have another scna in a month and then anotherat 20 weeks!!!! So glad I didn't have to have an internal!!!!

Hiya hun,

Wow, 2 months pregnant, only 7 to go, seems so far away doesn't it.

How was the news taken by peeps. My hubby's parent (well mum) cried when she found out, such a lovely feeling sharing news like that isn't it.

They dont really do internals anymore here so you may not get one until you are in labour, fingers crossed.

How was the scan, did you see everything you wanted? Did you get piccies? If you did, dont photocopy them as the light from the copier ruins them. I scanned mine into PC so I could keep them as over time the picture fades. Stick em in a photo album as this preserves them, mine are still ok and they are 3 years old now.

Ohhhh I wish i was having another one, although if you could hear what I can atm I am sure you would be cringing in you boots lol, my little darling is tired out and off to bed but is sooooo sure she doesnt NEED to go to bed lol.

Keep us updated and good luck

Rachel xxxxx

time will fly by i had my 12 week scan week and it was great seeing my baby again. my next scan is 30th april, did you get a due date. it is so exciting i am looking forward to having mine, i asked the boys what they wanted and sam says a little sister and josh says a little boy lol.

congrats again and keep usupdated

Congratualtions hun, the first scan is lovely but the 2nd is better :)

Piccies when you get them please!! :D

sorry i haven't been in touch guys - been really busy and we had a upset a couple of weeks ago when i had to go into hospital but they did a swab (was awful) but thankfully the result was fine - got my final scan in 5 weeks and have my screening bloods done on Wednesday!!!! They have found out however that I have Group B Strep so I'm on the antibiotics now and will have to have a drip as soon as waters break until after the labour!!! Dont know if any of you guys have had this but any info would be great!!!!

Clarexxx

ps - due date is beginning of October so me and Charlotte Church are going through it together LOL!!!!

Glad you are ok. My ex next door neighbour is due 2nd Oct, there must have been something in the water in Jan/Feb lol, glad I didn't drink it hehe.

Keep us posted on how things go hun

Take Care

Rachel xx

They have found out however that I have Group B Strep so I'm on the antibiotics now and will have to have a drip as soon as waters break until after the labour!!! Dont know if any of you guys have had this but any info would be great!!!!

Hi, I have this to. Everyone has told me icluding the hospital that it really isnt too much of a big deal if you are having the antibiotics as it reduces any risk to the baby to almost nothing. I hope you are enjoying your pregnancy and wish the remaining time you have happy and healthy.
My baby was due 5 days ago so I am tearing my hair out now lol

congrats

its fab news for you and your partner

speak to your hr department about maternity leave and changing your hours upon returning to work

They have found out however that I have Group B Strep so I'm on the antibiotics now and will have to have a drip as soon as waters break until after the labour!!! Dont know if any of you guys have had this but any info would be great!!!!

Carend was Strep B positive...here is a thread that she started on it asking the same - it may give you some useful info

Strep B

Also check out

GBS Support (GBSS) - Information and support for those affected by Group B streptococcus

if you haven't already. It is the official support organisation and has a lot of info on there. The important thing is it has been picked up - so many authorities don't even test for it - I had to go private, and it is only a problem generally if unidentified.

Carend was Strep B positive...here is a thread that she started on it asking the same - it may give you some useful info

Strep B

Also check out

GBS Support (GBSS) - Information and support for those affected by Group B streptococcus

if you haven't already. It is the official support organisation and has a lot of info on there. The important thing is it has been picked up - so many authorities don't even test for it - I had to go private, and it is only a problem generally if unidentified.

My local authority doesn't test for it - after I had the Twins I think they told me they had tested me for Group B Strep somehow as they thought the Twins had it... but we were all clear.

It is awful that they check for Chlamydia routinely yet not something as serious as Group B Strep.

Hi guys - I am now 29 weeks and only got 8 weeks left at work - cant wait!!!! I've decided not to go back to work as I phoned ACAS up and they told me that as long as I give my boss 8 weeks notice I didnt have to go back to work and i wont have to pay any of my maternity leave back - this has turned out to be the best arrangement for both of us as my boss can now advertise for a replacement rather then a temp for 6 motnhs followed by job share - I will be going back every now and again however to help out with the accounts etc etc.

Latest posts

Back