Pregnant and working in beauty help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuschia

Reaction score
dear all

I am looking for some advice and am sure there are loads of you who will know the answers.

I am about 15 weeks pregnant and want to get cracking doing mobile beauty therapy:

is it safe to carry the mobile couch around?

is it okay to use barbicide obviously following the usual precautions?

Is it safe to do eye lash and brow tints?

Is it safe to do waxing?

I also offer manicure tmts too.

Please let me know if the above are things I should be cautious about and also if I've missed anything?

Thanks

:hug:

well its up to you really if you can carry the couch around.
i worked full time all the way to my due date and have no problems with treatments or products. Not everyone is the same so i would say talk to your midwife
Good luck with the bump ( as it will sometimes get in the way)

i would say discuss it with your midwife hun

congrats on your pregnancy

With reagards treatments i cant see any reason why you can carry them out and like the others said its personal prefrence if you carry your couch around.
It also and it depends if in a few months you can still manage to carry it around as i have one and there not light.

And congrates:hug:

I find it tiring carrying all my stuff around I can't imagine what it would be like if I was pregnant. Can you not do treatments where you could get by without the couch- lash tinting, brow shaping, manicure, pedicure. I know it really limits you, but at least you wouldn't be doing heavy lifting.

Also if you are just starting mobile people may be a bit hesitant to become a regular client knowing you will be unable to work for the last few months of pregnancy and just after the baby. If it is a new business although frustrating, you may find it works better to start building your business up after the baby is born. If you came to me and I could see you were pregnant I would want to carry all your stuff to and from the car for you! I don't know the details of your situation however and at the end of the day it is up to you :hug:

i found out i was pregnant 3 days after i opened a new salon, i worked through to my induction date 2 weeks overdue. but then i wasnt carrying a couch round. i suggest you buy a small trolly to get it to and from the car if you are going to risk it that is. you could always start with treatments that dont require a couch until after the baby's born. congratulations by the way:hug:

Hi there, congrats! I'm mobile and became pregnant last November and had to finish at Easter, apart from the odd spray tan. I tried to keep going longer but it was carrying the couch that did it. Even treatments such as leg waxing left me out of breath! Some clients would help but with others it was a nightmare carrying it upstairs etc.

My baby boy ended up being 10lbs which explains why I felt so tired with awful backache! I'm only 5ft 2!!

My clients have been great and most have returned despite my few months off. I had my baby in August via emergency caesaren and felt fit and ready to go back (working evenings and weekends) by October. Quite soon I know but to be honest I was ready for a few hours out of the house!

Of course the above is only my personal experience. Listen to your body and don't do anything that may put you at risk. You have to put yourself and your baby as your number 1 priority as I'm sure you are.

Best of luck with it all! x

Latest posts

Back