Pregnant ESPA therapist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolastaBeauty

Reaction score
Hi ladies I urgently need help.

Is or has anyone ever worked with ESPA products whilst pregnant?

I found out last night that I am very newly pregnant. A bit of a surprise as we weren’t trying (although have evidently been careless!) so I’m still coming to terms with it and didn’t want to tell my employer yet. I have literally just started working there 3 weeks ago and am on a zero hour contract so I fear for my job.

Anyway, I pretty much constantly do massage of facials with espa products which are all loaded with essential oils. I know I shouldn’t be using these in pregnancy so how do other therapists using this product house keep their jobs?

I plan to phone ESPA tomorrow but I’m in work at 9 so god knows when I will get the chance and I can’t sleep for this all going round in my head.

Use the nourishing oil in place of the others.

If you’re using just hands for massage you should be absolutely fine. Espa are all preblended and as such are not overly strong. They also do pregnancy specific oils so try and nab those!!! There are a few you should avoid but I wouldn’t be overly concerned. However do check with espa as soon as you can to see if they have further advice.

Good luck

Vic x

I’m an ESPA therapist, Always use nourishing oil as a barrier when performing aromatherapy massage, it’s not so bad when using hands to massage as squidgernetball has said! One of my colleagues have recently gone on maternity leave and up until her leave she was performing facials and massage with the ESPA products, definitely let your employer know and they can advise
You on what’s safe and what isn’t. Good luck ☺️ X

Hiya, I worked in an ESPA spa and one of our therapists didn't tell any of us she was pregnant until she was in her 5th month, she just carried on as normal. It was her 2nd pregnancy while working there. Hope this is reassuring, all the best. xx

Latest posts

Back