Pregnant lady who wants a hollywood???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was reading this post with some interest and having only five weeks left until I pay a visit to the maternity ward myself, I found it rather fascinating.

The more replies I was reading, the more I was laughing.

My husband has just asked me what I am looking at that I am finding so funny and have just had to explain the difference between a hollywood & a brazillian! He then asks what on earth this has to do with nails !!

Hillarious !!!

Gina :)

Last edited:
Brazilian waxed my sister the night before she went into labour. She insists that I started it off..........
At the birth,the midwife commented that she could see the top of the baby's head and there was rather a lot of dark hair -what did my (full of pethidine) sister say - I hope not, my sister usually makes a good job of waxing my doo-dah...........
She got a lovely baby girl at the end.:)

I have done many pregnant ladies. Some come for their very first braz wax when they are quite far along in pregnancy, some are clients that were coming regularly before pregnancy. Having them on their back with their knee bent, then have them pull the bent knee up... not to their belly, but off to the side. For the butt, have them on their side, with their top knee bent, and they can bring their hand around to pull the butt cheek apart. I do a full braz wax in 15 minutes, so there is no reason to only do parts at a time.

I've personally had 4 babies, and the hooo-ha is very sensetive towards the end, My midwife told me the pores begin to open and things down low become more sensetive, I couldn't imagine having someone RIP HAIR OUT I would die or give birth, it's scary to think of....

Funny how some places are different. If you go into a beauty/hairdressers in our town and ask for a brazillian they take everything off as that is what they class it as. You learn somthing new every day. By the way louiser I had to get on the net last night to see what a hoolywood was so your not the only one.

all i can say is this is the funniest thread i've read in quite a while. you gals crack me up!

omg, I might to massage before waxing then, got me worried now!!!

I do a full braz wax in 15 minutes, so there is no reason to only do parts at a time.

Yeah i can do a braz/hollywood in 15 mins, but if the client is new to it they might prefer to have it done in stages. Like many of my clients do. Non-pregnant women can be wimpy enough, so if pregnant ladies are more sensitive its another option they have.

As I follow this thread, I keep thinking OUCH:eek: and then at one point, caught myself crossing my legs at the thought (not as if I have any family jewels down there lol).

I tried to get my legs waxed once. Half a strip and I was DONE!!!
H**L no, they were NOT putting another strip on me.
That hurt like hades:cry: :cry:

I truly can not fathom how anyone A)gets the nerve to get their privvies done B)withstands the pain C)gets over the embarassment of someone else poking their privvies.

I cant' imagine it LOL
I think I'll stick to my razor. That way, NEVER any long hairs growing out!
That's another thing, HOW can anyone stand having those hairs growing out long enough for the next wax job? My girlfriend gets waxed. I'll see her legs and say "it's time to go" and she'll tell me "nope, they're not long enough"
UGH I can't stand having any at all YUKKERS

Yup, hats off to all you brave folk that get waxed and hats off to all the people that rip that hair out for them from places that shouldn't see the light of day LOL

offer to do her "Hollywood" after they give her some gas or an epidural ........ Just joking of course:)

This morning i did the hollywood on the pregnant lady. It went very well and we were both pleased with the results.
Only thing i had a problem with were little hairs. The wax just couldn't take them off. After i was finished with waxing i went over it again and took the little hairs out with a tweezer (is that spelled correct??).
There were lots of them becaus she was used to shaving.
It took a little bit of shearching how to possition her, because she couldn't lay flat on her back cause of the wait pressing on to her ribs.
She didn't experience a lot of pain, her face never even moved, so that's a possitive thing also!
She's a very lovely lady and when i was leaving she asked me for her adress so she could send a birthcard when the baby was born:) , sweet hey?

Greets, Saskia

This morning i did the hollywood on the pregnant lady. It went very well and we were both pleased with the results.
Only thing i had a problem with were little hairs. The wax just couldn't take them off. After i was finished with waxing i went over it again and took the little hairs out with a tweezer (is that spelled correct??).
There were lots of them becaus she was used to shaving.
It took a little bit of shearching how to possition her, because she couldn't lay flat on her back cause of the wait pressing on to her ribs.
She didn't experience a lot of pain, her face never even moved, so that's a possitive thing also!
She's a very lovely lady and when i was leaving she asked me for her adress so she could send a birthcard when the baby was born:) , sweet hey?

Greets, Saskia
Well done Saskia,glad it all went smoothly.:hug:

I would say this must be her first baby as once she has had half the drs in the country looking at her bits she wont care about a few hairs here and there!

I would say this must be her first baby as once she has had half the drs in the country looking at her bits she wont care about a few hairs here and there!
The thing is, if you are a good waxer dosn't matter if your client is bothered about a few hairs here or there.As a waxer on a mission,lol I am the one who cares.I have to get every single last hair out.

Job is over when hair free,any remaining.......Job not over.Clients laugh at me when I get those tweezers out.They know how I feel.I'm a perfectionist.

But...They keep coming back cause they know what I'm like.I take my time,no 15 minute Hollywoods when in with me.Time is taken, as it should be for such a sensitive area.

=happy clients and happy me,cause I'm kept busy=day goes by much quicker and many,many recommendations .:)

Saskia,

Did you use hard wax on her?

Huberella,

I did try this hard wax and I can't get this stuff right. I like the fact that it hurts a lot less. I did my bikini area and couldn't get all the wax removed so I had little bits of that stuff on me for a few days. When you say apply it thick, exactly how thick? I find if I go thick, no problems. How much of an area can you do with hard wax and one rip?

Would you say hard wax is more cost efficient?

Thanks,

aj

I don't actually use hard wax. I love my honey strip wax. So unfortunatly I can't advice you on how to use it.

I wouldn't really say hard wax is more cost efficient. I think the only thing different in price is the fact that you aren't using any cloth strips... which are pretty cheap to buy if you go to a fabric store and cut them yourself.

As for those little hairs from shaving... I wouldn't tweeze them either.

Saskia,

Did you use hard wax on her?

Huberella,

I did try this hard wax and I can't get this stuff right. I like the fact that it hurts a lot less. I did my bikini area and couldn't get all the wax removed so I had little bits of that stuff on me for a few days. When you say apply it thick, exactly how thick? I find if I go thick, no problems. How much of an area can you do with hard wax and one rip?

Would you say hard wax is more cost efficient?

Thanks,

aj

Hard wax is formulated for bikini waxing and sensitive areas.

It adheres only to the hair,not the skin,making removal less painful.

If you had any residue I would suggest you apply thicker,try to create a little lip where you are going to rip the wax from or you can put a thin strip of muslim,about the size you would use for any eyebrow wax,onto the skin the put your wax just over the corner of the strip,this will give you a raised bit of wax to grip hold of.

Dont leave for too long before ripping off from the skin or it will go brittle,main thing though is to have nice thick layer of wax.(not too thick though)We were taught to build up in layers on top of each other,usually about 4,then pat with your fingers,until it goes matt,then rip off.

The more experienced you become the more areas you can apply to in one go,Bikini though you would do in small sections,as you would with warm wax really.

Hope that made sense.Hot wax/hard wax is more economical than warm wax as you dont need strips.

I dont tend to use it much and most of my ladies say they are quite happy with warm wax application when having a Hollywood.HTH

Glad it went well!

I'm training at college and we are doing waxing soon. I am a wax virgin on all parts so cant wait to have it done and actually do it!

Huberella, sorry I thought you said you only used the hard wax.

I love the muslin strip underneath idea, thanks so much!!

Brilliant,

aj

Huberella, sorry I thought you said you only used the hard wax.

I love the muslin strip underneath idea, thanks so much!!

Brilliant,

aj

No problem ;)

Someone had stated that hard wax does not adhere to the skin, only the hair... this is also the same for strip wax... what makes the difference is putting oil on the skin before applying the wax... then you will actually get the same results as with hard wax. If you were not to put oil under hard wax, it would actually adhere to the skin just like strip wax. It's all in techique and what you feel comfortable with. Choose a system and master it :)

Latest posts

Back