Pregnant lady who wants a hollywood???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tend to use hard wax on guys testicles only, I find using honey/tea tree wax around the bikini area much easier and if the client has never had it done before do it in smaller patches.

No problem ;)

Someone had stated that hard wax does not adhere to the skin, only the hair... this is also the same for strip wax... what makes the difference is putting oil on the skin before applying the wax... then you will actually get the same results as with hard wax. If you were not to put oil under hard wax, it would actually adhere to the skin just like strip wax. It's all in techique and what you feel comfortable with. Choose a system and master it :)

I feel I need to clarify something here as Huberella isnt qualified in Hot wax and I am,no offense intended.

The reason hot wax sticks to the hair and not the skin is nothing to do with putting oil onto the skin first,it would not adhere to the skin if used correctly.i.e longer hair growth.Oil is not needed.

When doing a warm wax on a bikini area the hairs need to be reasonably short to have an effective treatment,that is why it is recommended that the hairs are trimmend if say for instance the client is new,or never had waxing before.

With hot waxing trimming is not needed at all,the wax sits on top of the hair,hence why I wrote in my earlier thread that hot wax only adheres to the hair,it couldn't adhere to the skin as the hair is protecting the skin,it's nothing to do with if you use oil it being the same as warm wax.Hope I have cleared that up.

Hot wax is designed for thicker,courser and more importantly longer hair.This is why it sticks to the hair and not the skin,i.e because it isn't anywhere near the skin,it's actually sitting on the hair.

Obviously if you were to wax on someone with sparse hair you wouldn't need to use a hot wax.This would be when there is a risk of the wax sticking to the skin,because the hair growth isn't sufficient to act as a barrier for the hot wax.

Warm wax is suitable for shorter hair and hot wax is only suitable on longer hair growth,indeed the results are not good on shorter hair.

Hot wax needs to be heated to a very high temperature and is extremely effective on strong hair growth.Because of the temperature of the hot wax it is not ideal for people with sensitive skin.

I did say that hot wax should be more cost effective than warm wax but since writing that have realised that when you add up the extra wax used,because of the layering, then in actual fact I would probably say they were each as cost effective as the other.

I hope this all helps and nobody is upset with what I have put.the advice wasn't correct and I felt it needed to be said.:)

I feel I need to clarify something here as Huberella isnt qualified in Hot wax and I am,no offense intended.

The reason hot wax sticks to the hair and not the skin is nothing to do with putting oil onto the skin first,it would not adhere to the skin if used correctly.i.e longer hair growth.Oil is not needed.

Hot wax is designed for thicker,courser and more importantly longer hair.This is why it sticks to the hair and not the skin,i.e because it isn't anywhere near the skin,it's actually sitting on the hair.

Warm wax is suitable for shorter hair and hot wax is only suitable on longer hair growth,indeed the results are not good on shorter hair.

Hot wax needs to be heated to a very high temperature and is extremely effective on strong hair growth.Because of the temperature of the hot wax it is not ideal for people with sensitive skin.

Hi Babs,

We're going to have to agree to disagree slightly on this one, lol :lol:

Not all hard waxes need to be melted at a high temperature - in fact the brand I use melts on a lower heat setting than my strip wax, and as such it's my wax of choice for sensitive areas such as the face and genitalia (and you don't get much more sensitive than that, lol!). Neither do all hot waxes need to be applied in layers, but I acknowledge that this may differ between brands.

As you acknowledge yourself, hard wax can and does stick to the skin. I can see that longer, denser hair growth would provide a physical barrier between wax and skin, but hard wax can be used just as effectively on shorter hairs providing a layer of oil is used underneath. In fact, I find it adheres wonderfully to shorter hairs - the reason being that it "shrinkwraps" the hair as it cools, getting an almighty grip on those stubborn little blighters.

Having said all that, I'm inclined to agree with what Huberella said on a previous thread - it's 30% product, and 70% technique! :D

Andy x

Hi Babs,

We're going to have to agree to disagree slightly on this one, lol :lol:

Not all hard waxes need to be melted at a high temperature - in fact the brand I use melts on a lower heat setting than my strip wax, and as such it's my wax of choice for sensitive areas such as the face and genitalia (and you don't get much more sensitive than that, lol!).

As you acknowledge yourself, hard wax can and does stick to the skin. I can see that longer, denser hair growth would provide a physical barrier between wax and skin, but hard wax can be used just as effectively on shorter hairs providing a layer of oil is used underneath. In fact, I find it adheres wonderfully to shorter hairs - the reason being that it "shrinkwraps" the hair as it cools, getting an almighty grip on those stubborn little blighters.

Having said all that, I'm inclined to agree with what Huberella said on a previous thread - it's 30% product, and 70% technique! :D

Andy x
All I can say on this Andy is that the wax I use is called "hot wax",cause it's hot.It's designed for long hairs and is rubbish on short.#

I think there are many different products on the market but the one I use does need to be on a higher temperature.Not that I use that often as I get a perfectly good result with warm wax.

I have never needed to use oil on it as have no problems,maybe that is down to my technique.Neither have I had to use it with warm wax.But I did read what you and Huberella had written with interest,you never know one day I may start using it,but as I have said, never needed to so no point.(never say never eh):)

There are going to be differences of opinion and personally I think what works for you is the best option.

I did feel that it was said that they both work the same and that is not always the case,hasten to add that obviously you use a wax that actually isn't really classed as a "hot wax" because if in fact,it has a lower temperature than warm,how can it possibly be called "hot wax"?.Maybe that's why we have different results.

I wont say anymore on this subject as we are going round and round in circles.We shall all have our different points of view.:)

All I can say on this Andy is that the wax I use is called "hot wax",cause it's hot.It's designed for long hairs and is rubbish on short.#

I think there are many different products on the market but the one I use does need to be on a higher temperature.Not that I use that often as I get a perfectly good result with warm wax.

I have never needed to use oil on it as have no problems,maybe that is down to my technique.Neither have I had to use it with warm wax.But I did read what you and Huberella had written with interest,you never know one day I may start using it,but as I have said, never needed to so no point.(never say never eh):)

There are going to be differences of opinion and personally I think what works for you is the best option.

I did feel that it was said that they both work the same and that is not always the case,hasten to add that obviously you use a wax that actually isn't really classed as a "hot wax" because if in fact,it has a lower temperature than warm,how can it possibly be called "hot wax"?.Maybe that's why we have different results.

I wont say anymore on this subject as we are going round and round in circles.We shall all have our different points of view.:)

LOL....now I'm getting confused. I said "hard" wax... I've never used "hot" wax... but I have used hard wax. So I'm not qualified to tell the difference. The hard waxes that I have used, required the use of an oil to prep the skin with... without it, it acted just the same as strip wax when pulled from the skin (without oil). So, even I've learned something new today :)

Latest posts

Back