Pregnant spa therapist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellen-67

Reaction score
Hi,
I’m a Spa therapist and 13 weeks pregnant, I am due to go back to work soon, but am struggling to find anyone else in my position...

Are there any pregnant Spa Therapists who are going back to work after the lockdown/Covid-19 in July?

Have you been given any advice about treatments on clients, such as massage etc?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

Not spa but salon based....I’ve just found out I’m pregnant (about 5 weeks). I’ve had multiple miscarriages and have been told I’m high risk. When I asked the epu what guidelines we should follow was told ‘whatever the current NHS guidelines are’ but to be really careful with social distancing.

Think all we can do is wait and see what our new salon guidelines are when released and see what NHS guidance is then.

If you have any concerns talk to your manager, any decent manger will be supportive in situation like this and work with you to ensure the best decisions are made for the safety for you and your baby

Congratulations and good luck x

Hi,

Not spa but salon based....I’ve just found out I’m pregnant (about 5 weeks). I’ve had multiple miscarriages and have been told I’m high risk. When I asked the epu what guidelines we should follow was told ‘whatever the current NHS guidelines are’ but to be really careful with social distancing.

Think all we can do is wait and see what our new salon guidelines are when released and see what NHS guidance is then.

If you have any concerns talk to your manager, any decent manger will be supportive in situation like this and work with you to ensure the best decisions are made for the safety for you and your baby

Thank you, I did speak to my midwife and she said it was safe to go back but I’m still unsure about it.

Thank you, I did speak to my midwife and she said it was safe to go back but I’m still unsure about it.
Pffftt. I wouldn't.

I and my wife and going through IVF currently and she's been signed off through her whole treatment and then if we are successful, will be signed off even longer.

Hi,

Hey
Hope your ok.. did you find any information about going back to work? I’m the same situation as you, salon based and pregnant.. not told my boss as it’s so early days but really don’t want to be working so close with people if we are high risk x

Hey
Hope your ok.. did you find any information about going back to work? I’m the same situation as you, salon based and pregnant.. not told my boss as it’s so early days but really don’t want to be working so close with people if we are high risk x

No I haven’t yet, I’ve been giving a face mask and visor to wear when doing clients. I know we are not allowed to do face treatment but that is for Everyone. We are still waiting for borris to give us a date when we can re- open.

Latest posts

Back