Pregnant with oily nail beds!!! Help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lanails

Reaction score
Dear All

I have the nicest nightmare client possible and need HELP!!!!

Lovely lady came to me (as a reminder am very very new to this and learning very very fast - but not fast enough) - 14 days before birth of 2nd child - eldest 3, who wanted very very long extensions, on her already long nails.

Anyways persuaded her out of extended length any more, already one and a half times nail bed, but not even, and told her the most I would do would be to sculpt them evenly. :? Got her to sign disclaimer when she said that nail varnish peeled off her within 1 hour of putting on, even 4 coats - top/2 x polish/base! :!: :?: :(

On client form got the disclaimer for pregnancy, chance of nails coming off and length being longer than I would recommend - she just wanted really cool nails for the last few days of pregnancy and first few days after. Did my best remembering Geegs brilliant advice re lifting, and they looked cool - but 2 days later, 3 had lifted entirely from nail bed. Whites on firmly and will not budge. :oops:

Re did the 3, in a spare hour - Brilliant prep, took off shine AGAIN, scrub fresh, followed by nail fresh, 1 at a time - that was all the time she and I had. She came in again today, and the 3 are on perfectly, but half the others are off :( (PS didnt charge for this as felt guilty :oops: )

She admits herself that her face and body have had in her words "a grease attack - she never has spots, but has now" and realises that nothing may work, but wants me to try and repair, as per other 3.

Does anyone have any other ideas :?: :!: Do I charge for this :!: :?: :!: will be spending hours trying to get them to bond, maybe against ALL odds?

All suggestions VERY GRATEFULLY RECEIVED!!

Love to all.
LesleyXXX

PS on subject of Watchdog & Eastenders, will join in chat at 8!!!!!!! ;) ;)

PPS Want someones nails to stay on (just being grumpy - just feel I am being tested at the moment)!

lanails said:
Re did the 3, in a spare hour - Brilliant prep, took off shine AGAIN, scrub fresh, followed by nail fresh, 1 at a time - that was all the time she and I had. She came in again today, and the 3 are on perfectly, but half the others are off :( (PS didnt charge for this as felt guilty :oops: )

She admits herself that her face and body have had in her words "a grease attack - she never has spots, but has now" and realises that nothing may work, but wants me to try and repair, as per other 3.

Does anyone have any other ideas :?: :!: Do I charge for this :!: :?: :!: will be spending hours trying to get them to bond, maybe against ALL odds?

First thing - why are you feeling guilty - you should be charging her - she has gone against your advice - her nails are far too long and the likelihood is that she is putting pressure on the free edge hence causing the lifting.

You mentioned your prep - are you using Scrubfresh before and AFTER Nailfresh - you should be - Nailfresh kills the pathogen fighters that Scrubfresh leaves behind. The other product in Power prep would be the Acid Free Primer.

Have no fear - once the baby arrives her nails will probably all get broken and she can then come and have a fab set of "active" length enhancements which will last for ages LOL.

Absolutely you should be charging her.

She knows the problem and has still chosen to go forward.

Charge her.

Fiona and Geeg

A thousand thanks - I don't feel the day was so bad after all.

I used scrubfresh only before Nail Fresh. Will try again after tomorrow. Would you use Primer too? and When?

Eg AHA cuticle Remover
Tool to clean area
Koala Buffer to take off shine
Scrubfresh
Nail Fresh

Where would you add Primer? Sorry to be a pain, but am learning SOOOO much ;)

Thanks.

Message for Fiona, your Quicksoak bowl is BRILLIANT! Cuts time down so much and people love it!!!!!

Lesleyxxxx

lanails said:
I used scrubfresh only before Nail Fresh. Will try again after tomorrow. Would you use Primer too? and When?

Eg AHA cuticle Remover
Tool to clean area
Koala Buffer to take off shine
Scrubfresh
Nail Fresh

Where would you add Primer? Sorry to be a pain, but am learning SOOOO much ;)

Are you using the New Cuticle Remover or the AHA Cuticle Eraser? If it is the Cuticle Remover then are you using water to clean it off?
You would use the primer sparingly after SF/NF/SF - then primer.

Message for Fiona, your Quicksoak bowl is BRILLIANT! Cuts time down so much and people love it!!!!!

Lesleyxxxx

Glad you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back