Premier Gel doubts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfhxo

Reaction score
How does everyone feel about premier gel?
The gel only seems to last if I use the builder gel, which is amazing I do get 4 weeks wear if I use builder gel! But surely I should get the same with just using base colour and top?
Also nothing is ever in stock and I think there customer service is awful! When you look at there replies on Instagram for example to people asking questions, they seem so patronising!
I’m also thinking that some of there reviews and people in the comments ‘hyping’ them up may be paid or get benefits from the brand to do so??
I have loved this brand so far with the quality of there gels, but I’m beginning to have my doubts and just wondering how everyone else feels?

Personally I absolutely love the brand. The sales are just fantastic, I know they are always out of stock but when they do a restock sale I always get in early an order loads. The quality is brilliant, my clients love it and the colours are really pigmented. Never had a problem with chipping, I use the rubber base coat and the no wipe top coat from the brand.

The only issue I ever had with them was they decided to stop delivering to Ireland. I emailed them about it and they advised me to use parcel motel. I found the customer service great to be honest.

There’s loads of threads on here

I have quite a lot of their colours. Some of them are lovely and they are nice to apply but I’m still training so don’t really have a lot of returning clients so to speak, so I can’t really comment objectively on longevity yet. Good price point but sort of puts me off as well (even though it’s rumoured to be the same product as Gel Bottle which is significantly more expensive). However, I try not to get caught up in the more expensive = better product as I don’t really subscribe to that.

Delivery is usually about a week, which I think is quite slow compared to some companies (Young nails deliver within a couple of days for example)

Customer service - hmmm. They had at least one ambassador or admin on Facebook who I always found really abrasive and the way she spoke to people used to really grind me gears. They also missed a bottle out of my order once and trying to get a refund was like trying to get blood out of a stone. I accepted points in the end because they just were not going to refund me (and it was only a couple of quid) but it’s the principle that counts.

I’ve seen an awful lot of people trying to sell their Premier gels on FB recently and I don’t really know why.

I’ve seen a lot of good things about IKON IQ and being less “chemically” really appeals to me so I might look into investing in that brand when I am qualified.

Sorry a long ramble but not sure if it helps.

Has anyone had any problems with the nails or skin been damaged with the product , been reading some people have on pages on fb , also saying the gel bottle is the same x

How does everyone feel about premier gel?
The gel only seems to last if I use the builder gel, which is amazing I do get 4 weeks wear if I use builder gel! But surely I should get the same with just using base colour and top?
Also nothing is ever in stock and I think there customer service is awful! When you look at there replies on Instagram for example to people asking questions, they seem so patronising!
I’m also thinking that some of there reviews and people in the comments ‘hyping’ them up may be paid or get benefits from the brand to do so??
I have loved this brand so far with the quality of there gels, but I’m beginning to have my doubts and just wondering how everyone else feels?
I couldn't agree more, I love the colour range and the builders but its the customer service which has put me off using them, and shocking delivery, I ordered a week ago yesterday and got a dispatch email 2 days later but it hasn't shown as tracking until today which mens they didn't send it out until yesterday!

Latest posts

Back