Prep & Primer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bean

Reaction score
Question:

The difference between nail prep & primer: Nail prep dehydrates the natural nail? & primer guarantees a strong bond & adhesion of the overlay to the natural nail. Also helps prevent lifting & keep the nail in place?

Silly question, but when does everyone use these products in the treatment?

I use the nail prep once i have prepped the natural nail and then the primer once the artificial nail has been glued on? Is this right or is this where i'm going wrong? Do you have to use both?

Thanks

Sabrina xx

Hi, I use CND products and primer isn't necessary. I do all my prep work, then use Scrubfresh then apply my L&P.

When I use Brisa gel, I do my prep work, then use Brisa Bond, then use Brisa gels.

Whether you use both (nail prep and primer) or not depends on which system you are using. HTH and good luck! :)

Question:

The difference between nail prep & primer: Nail prep dehydrates the natural nail?
Preparation makes sure there is NO LIVING TISSUE on the nail plate prior to application of products.
Depending on which system you you will depend as to whether the nail plate is cleansed and also whether you will use a pathogen fighting nail plate cleanser during prep.

& primer guarantees a strong bond & adhesion of the overlay to the natural nail. Also helps prevent lifting & keep the nail in place?
Not necessarily... primers aren't always needed, again it depends on which system you're using, some systems are primer optional.
The system I use (CND) is primer optional, the keratin bond that takes place is usually enough to keep the enhancement bonded to the nail plate, with lift prone clients you would use extra prep and primer to help.
The following tutorial should help you - http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/3007-perfect-preparation.html

hth's a bit :hug:

Latest posts

Back