Prepaid for appointment but didnt show up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diddlse1

Reaction score
Hi,

I had a customer in last week who booked for yesterday and paid for an eyebrow wax & tint.

Yesterday came and went and didn't show up - we tried contacting her but no answer.

Just a bit of curiosity, what would happen if she were to request a refund as she didn't have the treatment - but didnt show up? Our cancellation policy is normally 24 hrs in advance or a nominal charge may be applied (we don't normally charge this as our cancellation/no show rate is quite low).

We haven't heard anything from the customer yet.

I'm not 100% in regards to legal rights but I'd say if you've stated that as your cancellation policy you have the right to refuse the refund. From what you've said re not having to put it in place I'd be tempted to wait and see if the client contacts you in a set time (say 4weeks) if so and you feel it's the right thing to do maybe offer that she can use the deposit to have the treatment but make it clear that next time you will take the deposit for a no show. I'd do this rather than a refund as you will still have the money at the end of the day, will have put in place what happens next time and hopefully gained a client. I'd hope that most people in this situation would have a good reason, be really grateful and conscious not to do it again but I know that's not always the case :)

I think it depends on the situation, if she had just forgotten or couldn't be bothered then I wouldn't refund, perhaps offer another appointment for the same treatments? Make it clear that if it was to happen again, you would need to keep the deposit.

If it was a family emergency or something then I would refund or offer another appointment.

Latest posts

Back