Preparation with a drill

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzoo

Reaction score
Hi Carl,
Do all cuticle removers froth up, or just the Avolve one?
Great video :)

Hi Carl,
Do all cuticle removers froth up, or just the Avolve one?
Great video :)

That's actually CND i'm using :) try it, but make sure it's a sable brush, lipstick brushes work well

Thanks, will give that a go. I use Cuticle Away and have an old MAC lip brush in my makeup case.

Brilliant video!! I kind of understood, before, but I totally understand now. Think I'm going to have to invest 20 dollars..😄

Good vid. Although I do use an efile (where I come from a drill bores down n thru stuff!) to debulk acrylic I never use one on any part of the exposed natural nail at any time.

Having said that at any demo I have seen (trade show) where they have used an efile to prep a nn, I have never seen anyone do it with a harsh metal bit as shown in your vid, a mandrel & sanding band was used on each occasion & at VERY slow speed, it seemed gentle & to do the trick but it's not for me. Don't get me wrong I love my efile, it saves me loads of time & saves my ageing hands!

I think to use an efile with the correct bit/ speed on a nn takes great skill, gimme a 240 + buffer anyday, I know what I'm doing with that! ;)

Thanks for sharing :)

Good vid. Although I do use an efile (where I come from a drill bores down n thru stuff!) to debulk acrylic I never use one on any part of the exposed natural nail at any time.

Having said that at any demo I have seen (trade show) where they have used an efile to prep a nn, I have never seen anyone do it with a harsh metal bit as shown in your vid, a mandrel & sanding band was used on each occasion & at VERY slow speed, it seemed gentle & to do the trick but it's not for me. Don't get me wrong I love my efile, it saves me loads of time & saves my ageing hands!

I think to use an efile with the correct bit/ speed on a nn takes great skill, gimme a 240 + buffer anyday, I know what I'm doing with that! ;)

Sanding bands actually do more damage to the nail surface than a metal mandril, even at low speed, because the particles on the band are angular and jagged and tear into the nail plate. A sanding band is much more harsh on the surface. I we course would never use either on the natural nail.

Latest posts

Back