Prescriptive Manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello everyone

I am currently looking for a "prescriptive" manicure range and, in particular, someone like Nailtiques. Does anyone here use this particular range and, if so, what are your opinions of it?

Well Hun ,
I have been using the NailTek range and had some fab results.
But since using the Solar range and then stickey and toughen up to be honest had better results, the only thing missing there is the ridgefiller product, not seen that ????

Love Ruth xxxx

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Well Hun ,
I have been using the NailTek range and had some fab results.
But since using the Solar range and then stickey and toughen up to be honest had better results, the only thing missing there is the ridgefiller product, not seen that ????

Hi Ruth

I can get away with Creative products such as Stickey/Super Shiney on my enhancement clients who are having polish etc, but I do also have a group of clients who simply want luxury manicures and like to think they are getting something specifically geared for their own fair hands!

Initially I had thought of going with Jessica but oddly enough, whenever there are little write-ups in mags testing several ranges, Jessica's products never seem to fair that well as against others such as Nailtiques.

Anyway, NailTek is a new name to me - can you give me their contact info/further details about this Ruth?

Thanks again.

Ok Hun Alan Roy do that system
Call Lorraine there she is fab.
Tel. 01959565616

You could still adapt youre manicures with the Solar range to each clients needs.
Solar oil, solar butter, solar manicure, solar balm.....aso.......
just a thought

Love Ruth xxx
Tell em I send ya lol

Creative not only do SolarManicure but the ultimate in luxury -- SpaManicure. It doesn't get more lixurious.

Also it is results that count, not just using a different range.

Nailtiques products do contain Formaldehyde as far as I am aware which altho seeming to 'work' to beginwith, do not stand up to long term problems such a s dry and brittle and flaking nails - the very problems you want to help.

hi solar manicure and spa manicure and lush...........i cant wait to open my new salon and let my clients experience them both............
vicx

hi i use alessandro reasonably priced and prescriptive. (they also do hands up range - a facelift for hands which can be incorporated to make a deluxe luxury manicure)
there web site is www.nailworx.com
used by a lot of celebs and on luxury cruise liners and they have nailo bars in a few aiprorts.
lovely helpful staff too.

Hi there!

I have a manicure menu which reads as follows:

Simply Solar - I use the solarmanicure scrub with hot mitts, massage with solar butter and the cuticle work with the usual cuticle eraser and solar oil. I recommend this for all skin types.

Hot Hands - Manicure as above but with a hot paraffin wax treatment. Ideal for dry skin or those with stiff joints

Naughty Nails - Quick shape, polish and application of Scentsations.

White Lightning - I use the nailbrite soak with a manicure for discoloured natural/enhanced nails.

SpaManicure - lovley citrusy manicure exculsively from Creative. I highly recommed this one!

All my products are from Creative - I just used my imagination a little bit to try and make it all sound more interesting and fun! I also give my pedicures different fun names such as Terrific Tootsies and Soft Soles!

Thanks for all the input.

Unfortunately, this particular group are not impressed by the Creative Spa Manicure! Similarly, the majority of them hate the smell of the solar products and find the smell of marzipan off-putting (I just can't win, can I?!). Personally, I'm an addict for the Solar range and I thought my own enthusiasm would win them over so you can imagine my shock when they were practically gagging over the smell! :x

As I say, the odd thing is my enhancement clients have no issues with Creative but for the ladies who just want manicures, they are just not impressed unfortunately :( .

Thanks Ruth for the contact number - I'll give them a call and see how that goes and if that fails to satisfy them, then I'll just give up - they are a fussy little bunch and its my own fault for dropping leaflets in ladies wot lunch town - I think they simply like complaining at the hired help!

I have used the Jessica range for over 3 years now and I really like it - I have not really tried other products like Nailtiques, Nailtek or Toughen Up.

I agree with Gigi that the "Super treatments" containing formaldehyde are only designed to be used in the short term until your nails are at optimum health. I then would recommend my clients change to the standard basecoats without Formaldehyde.

However I don't particularly like the Jessica varnishes - a few of the dark ones I have tried are very streaky so I prefer China Glaze varnishes - although I have succumbed to the enthusiasm on here and just bought the Creative Lulu Collection LOL.

If your ladies dont like the marzipan smell then the Jessica Smoothies are really nice - they are thicker than the Scentsations although not as many choices - there are only 6 LOL.

At the end of the day I have my range for my enhancement clients and my range for my natural nail clients with only occasional cross overs, but who knows what the future may hold, the crossovers may become more frequent LOL

It comes down to what our clients want - we may love something ourselves but if they are not happy then they may look elsewhere - I love Solarbutter but not everyone does (except the majority of this board LOL)

I LOVE the names of your treatments - well done ;) They would certainly entice me to have a treatment!! :salute:

hi all , just a quick post to say i cannot believe that some people dont like the solar range i could eat the stuff it smells soo yummy, when i eventually set up i will be using that and will not be enjoying carrying out a manicure if i have to use a different range, so i am hoping they will all love it, coz it makes me enjoy doing manicures more (do i sound addicted!!!) lol

Glad you like my treatment names! Im really enjoying deciding how to market my salon for when I open.

Its great to be different from the standard description of manicure or deluxe manicure! Plus I think clients will love it too.

Im working on a pedicure called Fancy Feet at the mo but havent decided exactly yet!

Also quite like Manky Mitts and Fungus Feet - ONLY JOKING! :D

Well I have to say I did think that EVERY client not liking the smell was a bit over the top --
Thing is, the smell doesn't last at all.

The FACT is the SpaManicure and SolarManicure probably have the greatest effect of improvement on the skin of any manicure on the market and isn't that what it is all about .. actually making a difference to the look and feel of the clients nails and skin? Isn't that we are working for to make a real (not just a cosmetic) difference?

I certainly never let my clients dictate to me what I should or should not use in the salon .. I chose the top of the range products that would do the JOB . I had clients from all walks of life as well as celebrities and never had a complaint. Quite the reverse in fact.

Leighton Denny's client list isn't complaining either!!

geeg said:
Well I have to say I did think that EVERY client not liking the smell was a bit over the top --
Thing is, the smell doesn't last at all.

The FACT is the SpaManicure and SolarManicure probably have the greatest effect of improvement on the skin !!

I am going to buy a new manicure and spa range. Please can you tell me where the research is for this?

Extensive research was done for both the SpaManicure Range and the SpaPedicure range as is always the case with any new product range from Creative Nail Design.

Amongst many of the highest quality ingredients included in the products are aroma therapy oils and rich ceramides as well as AHA's which are all known and proved to be beneficial and the results can be seen and felt immediately!! Neither SpaManicure or SpaPedicure are just pretty cosmetics but actually have an immediate, beneficial, and lasting effect.

Thanks for asking NAG. See ya!

geeg said:
Extensive research was done for both the SpaManicure Range and the SpaPedicure range as is always the case with any new product range from Creative Nail Design.

Amongst many of the highest quality ingredients included in the products are aroma therapy oils and rich ceramides as well as AHA's which are all known and proved to be beneficial and the results can be seen and felt immediately!! Neither SpaManicure or SpaPedicure are just pretty cosmetics but actually have an immediate, beneficial, and lasting effect.

Thanks for asking NAG. See ya!
HI GEEK
Your end quote did make me giggle!!:biggrin:
I love reading your posts.

Hi

I have just devised a manicure for my gardening clients here in Kent, being in the Garden of England county - there are heaps of gardeners!

Anyway, this is hot off the press so to speak as I have only just started advertising it.

It is called the "English Country Garden Manicure & Pedicure". It is based on some products which a friend bought for me from a company in the US, however, I am still sourcing a similar range and perfume in the UK.

It is based on country garden smells, either lavender, rose, camellia or such like. I personally have chosen the lavender and rose as my signature scents for products as they evoke a real country garden feeling in me.

The manicure itself would include: a warm soak with essential oil of which ever scent you choose, to help rehydrate skin and cuticles, followed by cuticle eraser and then a scented scrub, slather on massage cream, put in plastic liners and then warm mitts for about 15/20 minutes. After which then carry out the lower arm massage, asking your client to close their eyes and picture a warm, sunny country garden, while you massage. Have some relaxing music on in the background and light some scented (the same scent as the manicure) candles for atmosphere.

OOOh I wish I were there now.;)

Hope that helps

Have fun!

I use alessandro products for manicure, like Jenni says they are prescriptive, one of three treatments depending on the nail type. I have no problems or complaints with them.

Good luck, whatever you choose

where do you get the china glaze varnishes from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back