Press on nails for clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmberStevens1

Reaction score
I’ve seen nail techs in my local area designing their own press on nails and then selling them to clients as they cannot currently open up their salons for obvious reasons.

Are any other nail techs on here doing this? Where did you buy your press on’s from?

I’ve seen nail techs in my local area designing their own press on nails and then selling them to clients as they cannot currently open up their salons for obvious reasons.

Are any other nail techs on here doing this? Where did you buy your press on’s from?
Hi there,
Yes we do the same, all supplies coming from eBay, Amazon, and AliExpress.

[edited to remove embedded link]

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you work out client nail sizes?

I bought mine from amazon/ eBay also try sparkle to perfection if you go on insta they have BAs where you can use their code for money off

How do you work out client nail sizes?
Qualified Nail Technician
A moment ago
I have seen some techs suggest using tape, like masking tape. Get the client to place a piece on each nail and mark the side walks. Carefully take it off and get the client to measure the distance between the marks.
The tech can then choose the relevant size.

I tried doing this as a side thing but it doesn’t bring in much money.

Communication with people about sizing can also be problematic, there is a manufacturers size chart available for the bulk bags of blank press on’s but people are still very wary of measurements and don’t generally want to pay the small cost of purchasing a size sample pack.

I found that Press on nails sell for a lot less than an average manicure, with a lot of work and product going into them depending on what you are using.

Using gel really is messy, and also not cost effective due to the average sales prices. It’s not something to use your expensive gels and glitters etc for.

There are also issues surrounding glue and the natural nail, also with nail glue getting lots of media attention recently for some nasty accidents - I did not sell or include nail glue for those reasons.

I don’t think it’s worth it at all, it’s a slow game unless you are selling them at really low prices - which after using your lovely products on and then fees for all the services involved is just not worth it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back