Pressed flowers help needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazzlingtouch

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering, as I received my flowers today how everyone encases there flowers.

I have sculpted nails at the mo that I was going to thin down, then how to I adhere the flower before I put a layer of clear acrylic on top.

Could I just put a layer of gel over the top instead of acrylic? If so would I have to put the bond on first under the flower? (I use brisa gels if it helps)

Also do you have to do anything to the flower to be sure that it is germ free!!

All help and tips appreciated

Thanks
lisa x x x

apply the flowers with a little adhesive.
if the flower is very flat then you should be able to apply your finishing gel on top and cure as normal.
i suppose you could clorispray the flower, its not something i do myself, some may react to it, try it and see, it might blow the little suckers away though.
use a UV top coat whatever system you use, i have had flowers on for a while now and they have`nt discoloured at all.

Thanks for the reply Dawn, i will try them tonight and hopefully post some pics tomorrow.

Thanks
Lisa xxx

I think a UV Gel topcoat looks really nice over flowers (or anything!). Where did you get your flowers from?

beautybonanza said:
I think a UV Gel topcoat looks really nice over flowers (or anything!). Where did you get your flowers from?
Hi Ya there was a recent thread on flowers available at reasonable prices from Sandy @ Devon Pressed Flowers she does a mix of about 20 for £1.50 plus p&p it was a very recent thread hth x x

I actually put mine on my nail using resin, then put a thin coat of L&P over the top. If you only want them on for a short time, they can be put on with top coat, then two coats on top of that. I did this and they lasted really well.

talented talons said:
I actually put mine on my nail using resin, then put a thin coat of L&P over the top. If you only want them on for a short time, they can be put on with top coat, then two coats on top of that. I did this and they lasted really well.
I find that it depends on the size of the flower whether it works under top coat: it was great with a forget me not but a different story with a pansy! Little bugger kept lifting so had to do it under resin!!

Carole Lindsay said:
I find that it depends on the size of the flower whether it works under top coat: it was great with a forget me not but a different story with a pansy! Little bugger kept lifting so had to do it under resin!!
I have found too that the Top Coat itself can make a difference.
I put some of my flowers on and top-coated with my Calgel 'High Gloss' top coat and it was fine for days but, used another top coat on another finger a few days later and it didnt want to seem to set!
The Calgel top coat was very thick btw ... like a nail art sealer is ...while the other one was thiner.
So maybe it might be worth trying a nail-art sealer if you dont want to put the flowers under your chosen system.
Just my thoughts.

Recieved my flowers from Devon Pressed Flowers and have had a go. I put them under a very thin coat of L&P and they look good. I did some nail art around them (a bit like they show you in the NSI book) as I thought they were a bit bland by themselves!!!

I did find some a little too big and thought the heart shaped petals would be lovely for Valentines day!!! I have one flower on each finger and heart shaped petals on my thumbs!!!!.....I know that's a bit OTT but I was badgered into it by my 5 year old :lol:

I felt these flowers were really good value.

If I was really clever and knew how to upload photo's onto this site I would....but I don't know how!!!!! :cry: Sorry!!

Hiya Nikki,
Would love to see your artwork, if you know how to send them via email ... send them to me. Ill get them up here for ya.

pic of some flowers with more colour, and it would be nice to see a pic of your nails nikkie.

Have E-mailed Glorsclaws with pics!! Hopefully they will come out OK :biggrin:

Dawn....love your flowers...a better selection than the ones that I got :o

Kellyc said:
Hi Ya there was a recent thread on flowers available at reasonable prices from Sandy @ Devon Pressed Flowers she does a mix of about 20 for £1.50 plus p&p it was a very recent thread hth x x
Hi kelly what is the web address for the flowers?

Latest posts

Back