Presumptuous little so and so's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
So, I give sweets to well behaved children to encourage them to behave next time.

I've started having kids ask for the sweets at the end.

How do I say, 'no you can't have any because you didn't sit nicely enough, or I had to tell you off. Or mum had to tell you off.' Without feeling like an absolute jackass?

Put the responsiblity in their hands.....so ask them.......did you sit nicely whilst I did your hair? If they say no, then no sweets and remind them that next time if they sit still they get some. Also remind them at the beginning when they first sit in the chair.

I'm evil so I wouldn't have any issue with not giving them if they didn't do what was expected.

Put the responsiblity in their hands.....so ask them.......did you sit nicely whilst I did your hair? If they say no, then no sweets and remind them that next time if they sit still they get some. Also remind them at the beginning when they first sit in the chair.

I'm evil so I wouldn't have any issue with not giving them if they didn't do what was expected.

Maybe I haven't been clear enough when giving them sweets.

I usually say, 'because you sat so beautifully for me, would you like to chose one of these.'

Maybe I'll reiterate at the beginning of the appointment.

If you want to use bribery with children, they need to be clear about the rules in advance.

So as soon as they sit in the chair, tell them that if they sit as still as possible and keep their head up, they will be rewarded with special tasty treats from the Hairdressing FairyGodmother.

Keep the sweets in a special tin and only fetch the tin at the end of the service.

Apparently, she's related to the tooth fairy but likes to keep it a secret. ;)

I

I love that!! "I'm evil!" haha! I also wouldn't have a problem saying no, so I must be evil too! More sweets for me Yay!

Ha ha this is funny, sometimes I conveniently 'forget' to get the sweets out if they've been little sods! They're usually too distraught at working themselves in a mess to even remember lol

Latest posts

Back