preventing allergic reaction?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojosnails

Reaction score
is there a way of preventing allergic reaction occuring from using L&P/gel?
i have found threads about what to do when you have a reaction but nothing about how to prevent it (or i could just be not looking properly :lick:)
i previously suffered from a reaction from gel but i do not get this anymore.

thanks for any pointers on this!xx

if your worried then wear gloves, so you don't get any product on your skin HTH xx

You need to look closely at your application....

make sure you do not get product onto the surrounding soft tissue.

Sculpt with your brush not your file, to create less dust.

Do not rest your arm on monomer soaked tissue

Change your couch roll often and your towel after each client.

Remember it is the uncured or partially cured product that can cause an irritation, not the cured product.

Sensitivity and allergic reactions do NOT happen over night!

They occur after REPEATED exposure of a certain product (or to be more precise, a certain chemical in the product) on the skin.

10 Things to avoid.

1. Never get unreacted monomer or the sticky layer of gel on your fingers or the skin surrounding the nail unit.

2. Hold your brush in such a way that your fingers are not touching the product.

3. Do not use your brush to 'clean up' around the eponychium.

4. Never shape the brush to a point with your fingers.

5. Wipe you brush when you have to on a dedicated pad NOT a paper towel so as to avoid leaning on the product you have wiped, with your wrist.

6. Wash your hands between clients do not just use sanitiser.

7. Transfer liquids using a dropper or pipette to avoid spills etc. not a bad idea to wear gloves when you are doing this either.

8. If cleaning your dappen dish, do so with absorbent paper and tweezers and avoid touching any paper or pads soaked in monomer or other solvents.

9. Make sure your mix ratio is spot on (never too wet) and do not wet the nail plate with unreacted monomer.

10. NEVER use monomer without polymer!!

Latest posts

Back