Price increases after Covid

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christina18

Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone taken their prices up, since being back?

Thanks

Yes I got new prices printed since coming back added a few pounds in for ppe

I haven't put my actual prices up but I have added a surcharge (£4) to cover the disposable PPE that I provide for each client and all the extra sterilising. Everyone of my clients have been fine with this, no problems at all 👍 Do what you need to do in order to not undersell yourself, we have to do so much more now with all the precautions so it takes a lot more time and we can see a lot less clients. All the best

I agree with both of the above. Most of my clients do realise that we now have the added expense of not just the PPE, but also having to allow extra time between clients for all the cleaning. If you don't put your prices up now, in a few weeks they'll just get used to it and expect the old prices.
If anyone complains, just spell it out to them.

Yes, I think it's completely reasonable to raise prices by a bit to cover the added cleaning and sanitising costs. Plus, capacity is limited too, so the over-heads would naturally be divided between fewer customers.

I have not raised my prices and a lot of my clients seem to be surprised by this. I just think we are all struggling and I don't want to add to their pressures. My business is not back to pre covid capacity and I don't want to put any more customers off coming back x

I did put my prices up as usual and added a bit extra. I explained about the increase (50p extra) and they all agreed. They still comment on how much it must be costing me. But I'm not increasing prices again for a good while for the same reasons. We're all in this together x

I put a surcharge on at the beginning to cover extra costs but I've since removed it as i now find all clients bring their own masks and apart from extra cleaning I don't have any extra costs anymore as everything else such as my plastic bed cover, plastic screen and radic8 air filter are reusable and paid for. I already used gloves, disposables and wiped surfaces between clients anyway so my original price included this cost. Each salons circumstances are different so I think you need to do what is right for you and just ensure you're not out of pocket because of extras

Latest posts

Back