Price list help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SRoland1984

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm going to be renting a nail bar in a salon so trying to come up with a price list. Can anyone advise in £'s what I should charge for the following.. thank you

File and polish hands
Mini manicure with polish
Gel manicure
Toe file and polish
Mini pedicure with polish
Gel pedicure

Stephanie xx

Forgot to add in a soak off

In it's most simplistic version, you should do something along the lines of the following

Firstly, work out what your base rate is.

Add all your costs other than products and desired wage.

For example; rent at £100/week is £2.5 per hour based on a 40 hour week.
Nail tech insurance at £60/year is 3p per hour based on a 48 week year and 40 hour week.
Then you have all your other bills and costs to work out.

Your base rate is currently £2.53 per hour.

Say you want to make £20 per hour, you're now at £22.53 per hour of treatment. This is what you need to charge to cover your time and other costs, per hour.

So, if a file and polish takes half an hour, you would charge £11.27 + product costs (50p?) = £11.77; or £12 for ease.

As an example, I charge £28 for a shellac manicure/pedicure. I charge £30 for a pedicure and £10 if my client wants shellac on top.

It's far better (for you) to charge higher prices than to compete with cheap salons in the hope of getting their clients.

Finally, I would advise you to put away 30% of your takings to put towards your tax bill. Putting it away as and when you get it means you don't need to scramble to find enough to cover what could be a large tax bill.

In it's most simplistic version, you should do something along the lines of the following

Firstly, work out what your base rate is.

Add all your costs other than products and desired wage.

For example; rent at £100/week is £2.5 per hour based on a 40 hour week.
Nail tech insurance at £60/year is 3p per hour based on a 48 week year and 40 hour week.
Then you have all your other bills and costs to work out.

Your base rate is currently £2.53 per hour.

Say you want to make £20 per hour, you're now at £22.53 per hour of treatment. This is what you need to charge to cover your time and other costs, per hour.

So, if a file and polish takes half an hour, you would charge £11.27 + product costs (50p?) = £11.77; or £12 for ease.

As an example, I charge £28 for a shellac manicure/pedicure. I charge £30 for a pedicure and £10 if my client wants shellac on top.

It's far better (for you) to charge higher prices than to compete with cheap salons in the hope of getting their clients.

Finally, I would advise you to put away 30% of your takings to put towards your tax bill. Putting it away as and when you get it means you don't need to scramble to find enough to cover what could be a large tax bill.

This is by far the best explain of how to come up with pricing I've ever heard!

SRoland1984 you should absolutely take linzi's advice, it's really a great breakdown of how/what to charge!

Latest posts

Back