Price list printing advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leemac

Reaction score
I have designed my own tri fold double sided price and information lists using micro soft publisher and they look great & professional I am really pleased with them.

I approached all the printers in my local area with a view to sending them my price list for them to print but the quotes I have had back for printing have been outrageous! I didn't design them with a view to saving money I actually enjoy doing that sort of thing and using my own logos and pictures etc, but what hs been quoted so far is way to high, over £500!

Can anyone recommend any companies where I could send them my work and have them do the printing?

Thanks in advance.

What :-O that sounds way too expensive! I got 200 printed at a printers near me, and it cost about £60. Quality was brilliant, and it's all done old school with all the old machines which I loved :D

Sorry I didn't mean to send that! The company was called hot metal press. It's in Elsecar which is in Barnsley, south Yorkshire. If you google it their email and phone number will come up. I don't know wether they would be able to post them etc but it's worth a try :) they're brilliant. Xx

Someone recommended Vistaprint to me, they are very reasonable and excellent quality. x

Sorry I didn't mean to send that! The company was called hot metal press. It's in Elsecar which is in Barnsley, south Yorkshire. If you google it their email and phone number will come up. I don't know wether they would be able to post them etc but it's worth a try :) they're brilliant. Xx
Thanks so much for that, I used to live in Barnsley and I know where that is. I will give them a call tomorrow x

I had 1000 printed at instant print for about £150! Good quality too & they have a website xx

Brilliant thanks for that too, all the best suggestions coming from Barnsley this evening, thanks ladies xx

i have my leaflets done at strawberry print in sutton coldfield, west midlands, they do 5000 for £85, they are postcard size though and they charge £20 for artwork if you need it, they are fab x

Try
- printcarrier.com
- solopress.com
- eBay

Try boofly.com I've just had 10,000 DL sized flyers done for PB for £190. That included setting the artwork up xx

I use edinburghprint.com, great prices and service.

THe problem, and potentially why you have been quoted an expensive price, is the sizings.

When designing a trifold (or indeed any document that is going to be professionally printed) you can't simply provide them with a document and expect them to print it "as is". You have to add specifications like trims and bleeds, pay attention to safe text areas as well as designing it in cmyk colour AND provide it at 300dpi.

If you dont add them, the printer will, and might have to bill you for the time.

Added to that, each printer will have their own spec dependant on how they print. (some will specify a 3mm bleed and some 6mm etc.)

As you've also used domestic software such as publisher, the printer will also probably turn that into a professional document as well.

If you want to design your own, or indeed get someone to do it for you, then the best, and easiest, method is to find a reasonable printer first and then design to their specifications.

Last edited:
Try stress free printing online they are fab!!

Latest posts

Back