Price list.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laura1971

Reaction score
Can someone give me an idea on something please. I have decided to charge on the nail enhancement side of my mobile business-
full set- 25 (Great British Pounds- pound sign not working on keyboard), overlays 20 GBP, in-fills 15 GBP, maintenance -5 GBP, removals / repairs - 1.50 GBP, full set removal - 10 GBP, nail decoration- 0.50p.
Can someone tell me what is the difference between maintenance AND repairs & removals. Are they not the same thing.Also what is a `backfill ?`
It may sound like i never went to college to be trained, but honestly, i did, i have the certificate. The teacher was just rubbish. She couldn`t really tell you how to solve a problem when you had one. I have learnt more from the internet than i did at college.We only learned about acrylic, gel, in-fills, overlays & repairs, so all these new words get me wondering.
Laws. X.:rolleyes:

Can someone give me an idea on something please. I have decided to charge on the nail enhancement side of my mobile business-
full set- 25 (Great British Pounds- pound sign not working on keyboard), overlays 20 GBP, in-fills 15 GBP, maintenance -5 GBP, removals / repairs - 1.50 GBP, full set removal - 10 GBP, nail decoration- 0.50p.
Can someone tell me what is the difference between maintenance AND repairs & removals. Are they not the same thing.Also what is a `backfill ?a backfill is where you replace , where the product has grown oit, to make it look like new`
It may sound like i never went to college to be trained, but honestly, i did, i have the certificate. The teacher was just rubbish. She couldn`t really tell you how to solve a problem when you had one. I have learnt more from the internet than i did at college.We only learned about acrylic, gel, in-fills, overlays & repairs, so all these new words get me wondering.
Laws. X.:rolleyes:

i never just backfill i always do a rebalence, ie, thinning down product replacing the apex ect ect hth??xx

prices depend alot on what product is used and how confident you are as well as your areas prices.... do plenty of research and i am sure you will get it right

good luck

I think if you are confident with your work and can turn out a nice set of nails that lasts using a quality product then you are pricing yourself a bit low; just because you don't have salon overheads, don't think you have to undercut. You can run yourself ragged doing mobile, they ought to be paying a bit of a premium for you going to them, think of the advantages to them - stay in warm/dry, can keep eye on pets/kids, wait in for a delivery, don't have to drive home with wet nails etc. You are doing them a great service by allowing them to stay in the comfort of their own home.

in-fills 15 GBP, maintenance -5 GBP

Can you clarify these? What is the maintenance for £5?

Hi Laura and here's my two penneth! I have to say I agree whole heartedly with Blossom, people always think that being mobile means you should be the cheapest. However when I was mobile I worked out that the time I spent travelling between clients, and getting set up and packed up I could do two more clients a day if I was working in a salon ... that meant that my takings were down by a minimum of £40 a day!!!! Yup that's quite a lot isn't it, and I realised I had to put my prices up by at least a fiver!!!

So your infill prices at £15 go like this - time taken and travelling time at least 90 minutes, which means that you are taking gross £10 an hour. Knock off a few quid for your products and a few quid for petrol and running costs of your car (depreciation, petrol, servicing, road tax, insurance) and hey you're making the grand sum of about a fiver an hour. Now who in their right mind wants all the aggro of self employment and paying themselves LESS than the minimum wage. And of course I haven't factored in costs like advertising, uniform, stationery, more training and so on.

I have been in this industry for 7 years now and I have noticed that prices have gone down and downsince I started, and it's mainly because people really don't do the maths behind their pricing and have driven the market to levels that just aren't commercially sustainable anymore.

I hope you don't think I am picking on you because it is the very last thing I would do, just trying to make you (and many many MANY others) take on some business acumen that being self employed needs to go behind the skill of doing beautiful nails. Good luck and please charge what you are worth! :hug:

Latest posts

Back