Price lists

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pretty-in-pink

Reaction score
Hey everyone what do you charge for your treatments? I've got a few prices in mind but family say I'm not charging enough and being too cheap so if I could have some insight on what people are charging

Thanks

The best thing for you to do is google salons in your area and price accordingly.
x

Prices vary greatly depending on where in the country you are based and what sort of area your salon is in. I could tell you what my prices are, but my prices might be totally inappropriate for your salon. I'll give you them anyway just as a rough indication. Bear in mind that my salon is in a not very affluent town in the north of England where the local average prices are low, so my prices need to be lower than average because these are the going rates where I live. On average, I'd love to be able to raise my treatment prices by about £5 per treatment, and if I ever moved to a different area I might do. Anyway, my prices for nails are:

Full set - £25 (natural tip or pink & white, polish included)
Full set colour/glitter tip £30
Rebalance natural/white tip £20
Rebalance colour/glitter tip £25
Shellac £20
Shellac french finish £25
Rockstar £25
Minx £20
File & Polish £10
Spa Manicure £18
Crystal toes (all 5 toes) £50
Crystal toe big toe only and shellac on other 4 £40

I've recently gone from mobile work to being salon based, and need to build up a customer base so I'm being quite aggressive with my marketing at the moment and doing some special offers, so at the moment I'm doing a full set for £20 (natural or p&w only) and shellac for £15, and yes I know those are ridiculous prices but I'm new to the salon and need to be pro-active to drum up business. I'll do these offers for about 3 months, then will go back to my normal prices above.

Totally agree.. a lot of salons would have their price lists on a board outside the shop or easily accessible in the window so it would only take a quick browse.. You want to try and aim for the middle, not too cheap that you're selling yourself short, but affordable enough that clients won't be put off

Thanks everyone it's hard to know what to charge I did a rough price list basing it on what people were charging but may have to redo it as things change....so much competition out there

Bear in mind aswell that its not always wise to try and be the cheapest because people often think that cheap = crap (I know that makes me sound like a hypocrite because I have some really cheap special offers but I make it clear that these are special offers, not regular prices!!).

For example, there is a salon near me that offers a crystal pedicure for £15, I was amazed when I saw it, because even if she is using the plastic gems I still dont know how she can do it for £15. Anyway, a customer asked me if I could price match and I said no so she went to the other salon for it doing. the next time I saw her she said it was a complete waste of £15 because all she did was put glue on the nail and scatter a few gems onto the nail. she said it looked scruffy and cheap, it certainly wasnt what I would call a crystal pedi, so it just goes to show that cheap isnt always good!

Latest posts

Back