Price lists?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SparklesLeah

MsTaylor&Co
Reaction score
How often do you revise your price list? Do you put your prices up each time?
Also do you let your clients know on social media that you have a new price list and to come into the salon for one?

I revise my price list every 1st of January. I don't put everything up, just where needed due to rise in consumable costs or adding in extras routinely.
A lot depends on what the salons around me are doing but I never reduce any prices.

I get my leaflets from Vistaprint by the beginning of November and then start handing them out to the clients on their next appointment. I pretty much see all my clients during the Nov/Dec period.
I change my prices on my website and facebook page just before the new year but no, I don't specifically post the price increases.

I also revise prices once a year and give clients notice that there will be a slight rise for the next treatment. I give them a price list if they want one.
I don't do special offers , too much like hard work as I don't do social media anyway.
Not all prices are changed... again only the ones I feel the need to change.
Good luck

I also revise prices once a year and give clients notice that there will be a slight rise for the next treatment. I give them a price list if they want one.
I don't do special offers , too much like hard work as I don't do social media anyway.
Not all prices are changed... again only the ones I feel the need to change.
Good luck

Hello,

This may be a bit of an 'eye-roll' question (be gentle, I'm new!) but what determines your price increases and how do you decide by how much? I am very wet behind the ears where business matters are concerned.

Hello,

This may be a bit of an 'eye-roll' question (be gentle, I'm new!) but what determines your price increases and how do you decide by how much? I am very wet behind the ears where business matters are concerned.
I revise mine yearly I have "pricing reviewed 1st january 2020" so anyone who looks at the price list knows it's going change.

I dont put everything up either.

What determines it for me is the rising costs of running a business, card processing fees increase, stock cost increase by suppliers, wage bills going up in the new budget year etc etc. The cost of running a business always increases so I reflect this in the prices of my services and increase this in accordance with how much more its costing me.

I revise mine yearly I have "pricing reviewed 1st january 2020" so anyone who looks at the price list knows it's going change.

I dont put everything up either.

What determines it for me is the rising costs of running a business, card processing fees increase, stock cost increase by suppliers, wage bills going up in the new budget year etc etc. The cost of running a business always increases so I reflect this in the prices of my services and increase this in accordance with how much more its costing me.
Thanks for your response. :)

Latest posts

Back