Price tiers in a salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rossa

Reaction score
Hi, geeks
Just wondering what are your thought on charging different prices in the salon according to the therapist's experience?
So you'd have salon manager £30, senior therapist £28 and therapist £26.
I'm thinking that way you really get what you pay for as you'd expect from a manager to be spot on, then a more junior one a bit less- not an enormous amount.
Thoughts?

With love from me

Hi, geeks
Just wondering what are your thought on charging different prices in the salon according to the therapist's experience?
I'm thinking that way you really get what you pay for as you'd expect from a manager to be spot on, then a more junior one a bit less- not an enormous amount.
Thoughts?

With love from me

Um bit sure about this one, it's not reSlly the fine thing where I am, I'm not sure how well it would go down, although on the flip side it's widely accepted in hairdressing! I am a mobile therapist (have been for over 14 years!) I'm qualified to a BTEC standard, plus various other quals, should years of experience also be taken into consideration also? Undecided! Lol x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, geeks
Thoughts?

With love from me

Seems to be the norm in the area I live.

In my area it's split roughly 50/50 as to whether salons do or don't have a pricing tier. In my current place I am not planning on having a tier at all.

I wouldn't do it based on experience - as you can have been hairdressing for 20 years but be out of practise. I'd do it based on qualifications and quality of work.

A local salon to me does this - Senior Therapist and Therapist prices with around £2/3 difference/treatment. If I'm honest, I think it looks a mess on the price list - very cluttered - and for the sake of a couple of pounds, is it worth the difference?

Also. A newbie could be better than an old hand at a treatment if they've found their 'thing' - you never know. I just wouldn't let a therapist carry out treatments on regulars/discerning clients until they were up to the required standard.

HTH X

I've never seen it for beauty but I don't see why you can't do it as long as the therapists pay reflect the fact there clients are charged more, its reasonably common for large hair salon to do this beside me but some take it too far one has 5 different levels that's to much :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back