Price to sell a salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loulou2017

Reaction score
So i am having a metting with my receptionist next week to ask her if she would like to buy my salon... (she has mentioned she has a chunk of money she would like to invest she has no idea im thinking this thou) i would like to work from home and take a few clients with me as i have had a baby and want to focus on happy family life which with a salon is hard work!!
We are very very busy fully booked 3 weeks in advance and have a permint cancellation list i have had the salon over 10 years and we have a good reputation and have top quailty products. Net Profit is £23thousand but i dont work salon to max we are closed mon which could b filled and could easily take on another therapist.. i understand how to value all the stock but 3x the net profit seems so much i would be very happy with just under 20thousand how does this sound to approach her with??as i will b asking about 20 clients to follow me but would happilysign a non competition to not open a high street salon.
I have a year left on my lease but i know my landlord loves it as a salon as we are no bother to him...so i really think he would continue and do a new longer lease with a buyer... i dont know if to ask him first before my receptionist i dont want to spook him..

Any advice i would be so grateful

I dont have any advice on the money side....but make sure you don't sell yourself short if its a good business! Xx

So i am having a metting with my receptionist next week to ask her if she would like to buy my salon... (she has mentioned she has a chunk of money she would like to invest she has no idea im thinking this thou) i would like to work from home and take a few clients with me as i have had a baby and want to focus on happy family life which with a salon is hard work!!
We are very very busy fully booked 3 weeks in advance and have a permint cancellation list i have had the salon over 10 years and we have a good reputation and have top quailty products. Net Profit is £23thousand but i dont work salon to max we are closed mon which could b filled and could easily take on another therapist.. i understand how to value all the stock but 3x the net profit seems so much i would be very happy with just under 20thousand how does this sound to approach her with??as i will b asking about 20 clients to follow me but would happilysign a non competition to not open a high street salon.
I have a year left on my lease but i know my landlord loves it as a salon as we are no bother to him...so i really think he would continue and do a new longer lease with a buyer... i dont know if to ask him first before my receptionist i dont want to spook him..

Any advice i would be so grateful
Hi,

I've bought a couple of salons over the years and it's normally 2.5 to 3 times net profit plus stock value at the time you hand over.

Latest posts

Back