prices - approval?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
Hi, ive posted this in the biz section too but just thought id see what you guys think too...
Im trying to put together my first price list and am a bit nervous about the whole thing! After a bit of adapting from my first idea this is what i now have.. can anyone tell me what they honestly think and if theres anything that i should change around?

• Full manicure (includes: cleanse, file, cuticles, exfoliating scrub, hand & arm massage, buffing nails to smooth and shine, polish) £18.50
  • Mini Manicure (includes: cleanse, file, pushing cuticles back, moisturising, file & polish) £15.00
  • File and Polish Only - £10.00
  • Luxury Manicure - £23.50 same as full but includes treatment from list below...
Treatments:
  • Thermal Mitts, Hot oil, salt scrub, paraffin wax, moisture mask - £7? each on their own
..... or If hands and feet are to both recieve treatment then the cost is £13 (instead of £14)

• Pedicure - includes soak in foot spa + cleanse, exfoliate, feet & lower leg massage, nail shape and polish - £23.50
  • Luxury Pedicure - includes above, plus hard skin removal and treatment from treatment list (client will be advised which will suit their needs) - £28.00
  • Mini Pedicure - feet cleansed and moisturised, nails filed and polished - £16.00 ?
  • File and Polish Only - £10.00 or £17.50 for f&p on hands and feet together..

Your price list looks pretty good.

Gooe luck

Your prices are good, concentrate in bringing more customers, if they want an updraged service you can increase your prices.

I think pricing is a very personal thing. It all comes down to:

• How good are you?
  • How much in demand are your services?
  • Who else in your area does what you can do?
  • What products do you use?
I think personally, I don't want clients coming to me because im "cheap", but beacsue Im good and they like what I do.

Take a scout round at other salons in your area, look on the web and in local publications for an indicator of the prices in your area and set yours accordingly.

I agree with the points Sarah has raised also, I would include hard skin removal in the pedi & luxury pedi this is one of the main things in a pedicure imho

Definitely go by what your area charges. I looked at salons, mobile and beauty places, then took a middle ground when i first started out.

Now i charge more than some salons in my area, but despite the fact i am mobile, i charge for the fact i offer what a lot of other salons/mobile don't, like colour fades, 3D nail art and encased acrylic art.

It is all about what you offer and experience.

If you forsee a lot of people coming in and wanting the "treatments" for 7, I would suggest lowering the price another dollar/pound for both to 12.. This way, you can tell them, do you want your pedi done too? it's 2 off when you have your hands done..

If that makes sense! I know, I would definitely opt to get it all if I thought it was cheaper when usually getting just my hands!

hi, thanks for all your replies! I have just set up a website, adjusted prices a little...
If anyone's got a min feel free to have a look and tell me what you think....
Ive never done anything like this before so am a little nervous about it all!!!:confused:

Home

Your prices are good, they steer well clear of cheap and cheerful and that's a good thing.

Love your website too btw.

Latest posts

Back