prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailtiqe

Reaction score
hi guys...
im doing a brochure and deciding on prices and i just wondered what u guys charge????
vicx

These are our prices for the Salon:

FullSet Silk/Fibre £50.00
Full Set Gels £45.00
Maintenance from £25.00
Single Nail £ 6.00
Deluxe Manicure £20.00
Manicure French £15.00
Manicure one colour £12.50
Reshape & Varnish £9.00
Varnish £7.00
Nail art priced by time£5.00 for 15 minutes work
Just a rough guide and there are London prices

We work on roughly £30 an hour for price guide
hope this helps
Love Ruth xxxx

Hiya Vic

Just a rough guide and there are London prices

I live in Derbyshire which isn't too far from you so our area prices are roughly the same. If you click on the www box at the bottom of my post, you can go to my website and see my prices.

when I was pricing up, I went around every nail and beauty shop in my area and asked for price lists. There is one tech I knew I have to price cut as shes so popular so I worked it out from there. But go around everywhere local as this will give you some idea (and let you check out the competition! ;) ) of what others are doing.

Hope this helped!

Your prices should be determined by:

1. Your own experience and expertise
2. Your overheads (salon rent and stock, services taxes etc.)
3. The area you are in
4. The surroundings you offer

NOT necessarily by what the technician is charging down the road! Their prices can only offer you a 'benchmark'.

If I was happy with my technician, the fact that someone else down the road was cheaper would not draw me away.

If you offer good service and do good work, people will find you. And your reputation will spread.

A good technician does not have to 'go after' or 'entice' or lets say it, 'steal' another technicians clients in order to start up a successful business.

hi ya...thanks, prices are around £30 a set here in scunthorpe...£32 for french...
around £15 for spa manicure and £19 spa pedicure...£10 for basic manicures etc...
im stuck on nail art prices and bridal nails etc????
Vicky x

Work out what you must get as an hourly rate to make a living and pay your expenses, and charge by the TIME it takes you to perform nail art services - as ruth said, by the 15 minute intervals as a guide for your clients.

It will vary from person to person and what you are 'doing' nail art wise.

Hi Geeg, sorry i don't think I explained myself very well (one of those mornings!) :oops:

I meant just a benchmark. I mean there is no point pricing £50ish around me because people in my area just don't have the money to pay it.

If you offer good service and do good work, people will find you. And your reputation will spread.

A good technician does not have to 'go after' or 'entice' or lets say it, 'steal' another technicians clients in order to start up a successful business.

I totally agree, I just meant that in order to get the initial interest in my work I need to price reasonable in relation to the other tech. Then once I have got the interest hopefully people will come back to me for my work and the service I offer.

Sorry just wanted to clear it up because when I read my post I, it read completely different to what I meant :oops: I think I should go back to bed!

Tracy dear, My comments were not aimed at you (which is why I kept it general) but at all those would-be nail technicians out there (unfortunately) that think it is the way to start up a business (off someone elses back).

Does anyone think it hasn't happened to me?? Pu leeze!! SO many girls have come to work for Designer Nails over the years with the sole purpose of leaving in 6 months with ALL the clients they can!! They think it is THE way to start a business and don't even see it as being wrong! SAD.

NONE of them has ever hurt our salon business because we are known in our area as THE salon to go to because we offer good service and the technicians are THE best. One or two clients may leave with a technician because they've got friendly etc. But we make up that business within a couple of weeks with new referrals.

I couldn't live with myself if I started up off someone elses back. I would have no pride at all or any sense of achievement. Maybe this should be a new topic? I'm sure there are many stories out there waiting to be heard, and maybe we could teach some new ones a few business ethics at the same time. One thing is for certain ... if they do it to someone, one day it will be done to them. There is some justice in this world.

Ooh I know they weren't aimed at me but I read my post and thought 'You didn't explain yourself too well there' and thought I sounded a bit thick :silly: !! lol.

Anyway, I must agree with you on the stealing clients when techs leave a salon. I work for myself for this reason, when I decided to become a nail tech I knew I what to work for myself in the long run and I didn't like the idea of going to work in salon when I knew I'd be leaving in a few months. So although it is very scarey working by myself and not knowing when the money is coming in I LOVE IT and wouldn't change it!! :D

For nail art, I charge depending on these 3 diff factors (time, complexity of design and materials):

* The time it takes me to do and the complexity of the design, so say, a zebra print design, for me, would be quick to do, therefore I would charge less for it. An absract design, or a heavily detailed design, I would charge more for because it is more time consuming.

* The materials used; if you are using rhinestones etc, I charge more for designs with these on.

xxlaylaxx

I think I should relocate ! In my area salon price for a full set of sculpts is between £22 -£25 .A manicure with paraffin wax at a local salon taking 45 mins is £14.50 , mobile prices for a full set of sculpts are between £15 and £17.50.
Chris

Well if you are relocating dont come to London lol
The rent's are steep and the rates will kill ya lol
For example our rates are 14K a year and then rent is just short of 40K.
Thanks god I just rent the space and not own the whole shop.

So if you break that down into need to survive money, if I had to pay that I would have to take just short of £870 a week just to pay rent and rates.That would not allow for stock, uniform, tax , Nat Ins and my dinner money and no wages lol

£30.oo an hour might sound a lot but in real terms and pricing it isn't.
The shop location, rates, rent aso will reflect in a price list.

So until a nice littel cheapy shop in the City comes along, I will stay put lol

But I know what you mean.......different areas different wages, different pricing...................
love Ruth xxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back