Pricing for colour removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracey xox

Reaction score
Hi, I don’t do many of these, but had a client who had kp55/46 and it’s so stubborn to lift out so we’ve decided to try a colour remover, my wholesaler suggested NXT, which I got, and I’m doing the service on Tuesday- my question is what do you price this service as??
The box is £10.47 (inc VAT) for me to buy, so that’s not a lot, but I may have to do two lots (it says so for intense reds) so I’m guessing it’s going to take hours, so what’s the going rate for this if mobile?? I was thinking £15 per hour then add on the cost of product rounded up? Or is that too much/too low?
I’m in a city in the East of England so not rural (if that makes any difference?)

Hi, I don’t do many of these, but had a client who had kp55/46 and it’s so stubborn to lift out so we’ve decided to try a colour remover, my wholesaler suggested NXT, which I got, and I’m doing the service on Tuesday- my question is what do you price this service as??
The box is £10.47 (inc VAT) for me to buy, so that’s not a lot, but I may have to do two lots (it says so for intense reds) so I’m guessing it’s going to take hours, so what’s the going rate for this if mobile?? I was thinking £15 per hour then add on the cost of product rounded up? Or is that too much/too low?
I’m in a city in the East of England so not rural (if that makes any difference?)
If £15 per hour is what you'd like to earn then that's fine to go with. But most salons charge £30 and hour and in higher end / more upmarket places tend to be charging £60 an hour.
Make sure you're factoring in - re colouring and shampooing, products, cut etc

If £15 per hour is what you'd like to earn then that's fine to go with. But most salons charge £30 and hour and in higher end / more upmarket places tend to be charging £60 an hour.
Make sure you're factoring in - re colouring and shampooing, products, cut etc
Thank you, I just didn’t know if there was a rough figure for a colour removal service, it’s just going to be that and new demi colour after, no cut and all products are clients own as I’m mobile,

This is more about how much your time is worth than what someone else would charge. How much do you need to earn each week to pay your rent and eat? If you charge 15p/h, will that cover your costs of fuel, product and earn you enough to live on? My time is worth a lot to me, I won't work for free, and I won't work for less than I need to live on.

Latest posts

Back