Pricing of removing gel polish - separate or in gel application price?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heidi 101

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm going to be setting up pricing of gel polish. I can't decided whether to incorporate the removal cost in the gel polish price or separate. So for a price example do people charge £22 (including removing) or £18 plus £4 of removal of gel?

I can't decide what would work best.

Thanks

I include removal in the price.

I have a separate price but if they are removing and then reapplying I don't charge for removal x

Thanks for your replies

I charge £8 for a soak off free if it's a renewal.

I include it as long as I've put it on but wish I'd never started it

If I could do it again I'd charge separately

I charge £22 for a shellac manicure, £25 for removing & reapplying (an extra £3 for a fullset of glitter/foil etc)

I charge £5 for a removal.
It adds time to the service so is chargeable

I include it as long as I've put it on but wish I'd never started it

If I could do it again I'd charge separately

Yea totally agree Blossom, I was previously including it if I was reapplying, but just recently stopped this as it just wasn't worth it for me any longer. From 1st April this year, I started charging £20 for removal and reapplication (£18 for gel polish alone). My prices are really reasonable anyway so to include removal in the price was really starting to grate on me for the extra time and materials haha. None of my clients have minded at all, and it's only a couple pound more but it makes me feel better lol.

Those couple of £ add up over a year tho don't they x

Thanks all

Those couple of £ add up over a year tho don't they x

Totally! Do you think you'll start charging extra at some point? I was dead nervous to start doing it, but I've not lost anybody because of it.

I'd like to but it would be a big hike wouldn't it. If I haven't applied the shellac I charge £6.
But if I did it, I remove for free.
To be fair, I pitched my price when I thought Shellac soaked off in 7/8 mins but I'm damned if I can be done with the removal and ready for new application in less than 15/20. [emoji53] (and I know it's genuine CND shellac because I put it on!)
Trouble is in my town there is decent work being turned out for peanuts by techs who don't value themselves. I don't want to lose anyone to them.

I charge £18 for one colour, £23 for French or glitter and £5 removal

Latest posts

Back