Pricing war

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiggs81

Reaction score
I'm sure I have moaned about this before but it makes my blood boil.the competition with tanning and nails in my area is unbelievable, I feel so disheartened, cannot see a mobile service ever taking off when there are so many people offering the same service in such a small area!
Local salon charging £13 for shellac (it is real I've checked)
Other mobile therapist doing shellac for £15 - £18. I priced mine at £20 but seems prices are dropping, would you lower yours?
Offer I saw today, 1/2 leg wax, bikini and eyebrow wax, gel nail colour and eyelash tint £32.
Rant over! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I use Gelish. I was told when training to charge between £20 - £25, they don't like you to charge less as you are then devaluing the brand.

I charge £25 but do different offers each month so they are around £20 when there is an offer on. I wouldn't drop my prices though.

X

I know it can be disheartening when you offer a good service with high quality products and others are ruining the prices, BUT don't get drawn into the price war as it is a downward spiral and ends up as a vicious circle. If you lower yours then they will drop theirs etc and in the end none of you can afford to do the treatment without losing money and most of the time it means you will buy cheaper products and risk your reputation.

Its hard but try and stand out with good customer service, high quality products and excellent work in your treatments. Take price in your work and charge your worth.

If you are also offering other treatments you can do cross promotions so that your clients know and enjoy the multitude of treatments they can book with you!

Thanks for your feedback, I really don't want to lower prices as I don't think I am overcharging and make sure I offer a thorough service

Definitely dont lower your prices. Doing cheap treatments just isn't sustainable. Using the correct pricing structure & lovely treatments will enable you to build a loyal clientelle. Yes maybe a bit slower but sustainable. Chin up x

How do people choose which salon to go to?

By matching / beating their prices you are assuming that every client will choose their salon / therapist based purely on price.

For some people they only want the cheapest. Some people will pay for the best or better service, better environment, better results. You can go to Tesco and buy a Value product or a Finest version. Why should everyone expect all therapists to charge Value prices?

I charge £30 for a Brazilian / Hollywood wax in Wolverhampton. Lots of therapists do it a lot cheaper then me and have the advantage of being a woman. But my clients would rather come and see a guy to have it done in a lovely treatment room, in a private practice, by an experienced therapist who uses quality products and offers a premium experience and service. And then pay more for that.

You can learn intimate waxing for £95 in a day, or you can pay Kim Lawless £250 to learn intimate waxing.

You can buy a can of Fosters lager, or a Stella "reassuringly expensive" Artois.

Don't think that everyone's dominant buying motive is price and price alone. Be proud of being the best and charge what you are worth!

Mat

Latest posts

Back